PDA

View Full Version : Cheaters!!

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 10:25 PM
I just looked at the forums and Stanley admits that he is(was does not count on Geos does it!?) a cheater. I have experinced this unfairness too. Right this moment I know that cheating is unavailable but they have stored all those Geos. I demand all those guys to be reset!
Stanley would make a fair start...

Aodhan
08-29-2005, 10:32 PM
I concur. Give them 50 Geos a piece and wipe their slates clean.

earthstar
08-29-2005, 10:34 PM
**** straight. I'll "third" that.

Stanley
08-29-2005, 10:44 PM
man, I think this belongs under my **** talking thread.

seriously, when your armies barely dented my newest acquisition of riyadh, I wasn't too suprised, but I didn't expect you to throw a hissy fit.

that army took me a long long long time to build, and then send over there, I've been playing it straight for a while.

it's a shame I can't use my ill-gotten nukes on you.

qrnster
08-29-2005, 10:48 PM
If there are any people who are cheating it is so unfair. I work so hard to get loads of jewels for nuke shields- they seem to be an essential- when I was Number 1 for those 15 minutes I was sent down to Number 11 when two of the cities got nuked. You need 111 jewels- or thereabouts- to get a nuke shield with the current convesion rate. At with me having three cities with a potential four if I reoccupy nuked Dhaka (though that will be difficult as there are loads of other armies waiting outside) it means a lot of jewels.

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 10:49 PM
man, I think this belongs under my **** talking thread.

seriously, when your armies barely dented my newest acquisition of riyadh, I wasn't too suprised, but I didn't expect you to throw a hissy fit.

that army took me a long long long time to build, and then send over there, I've been playing it straight for a while.

You said that you are a cheater yourself! What are you, dumb!!?

And,

it's a shame I can't use my ill-gotten nukes on you.

I have no more to say!...

You shall be banned not just from this game but the society!!

Stanley
08-29-2005, 10:51 PM
You shall be banned not just from this game but the society!!

Seriously, who are you, and what planet do you come from?

:kiss:

Stanley
08-29-2005, 10:57 PM
Who are the other cheaters you're talking about?

If I'm gonna get hung, let me have some company at least!

Lukepuuk
08-29-2005, 11:04 PM
I disagree.

War_peace, I think you are a good guy and very optimistic about the game.
But do not forget it IS just a game.

Further more for the game I think we need guys like Stanley.
He admits to cheating which helps the game to defend itself against people who are not admitting it.
If it wasn't for people like him the game was still like it was when a lot of people used scripts to get jewels while they were sleeping.
In all...by helping the game go further in this I do not agree on taking away the Geo's. I'm sorry if this offends people.
I hope he keeps on trying to cheat and admit it here so Mickey can help the game become more honest.
I'm also for it to keep on seeing the humor in the game and not getting frustrated when a city is overthrown. Just go to Cologne, Germany and Hamburg, Germany and see the names of Decode's troops outside of my cities after I nuked Vienna. Now that is humor and that's what should keep the game and this forum going.

Happy gaming to all.

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 11:08 PM
I disagree.
Further more for the game I think we need guys like Stanley.
He admits to cheating which helps the game to defend itself against people who are not admitting it.
If it wasn't for people like him the game was still like it was when a lot of people used scripts to get jewels while they were sleeping.
In all...by helping the game go further in this I do not agree on taking away the Geo's. I'm sorry if this offends people.
I hope he keeps on trying to cheat and admit it here so Mickey can help the game become more honest.

MORE HONEST!!? By using the "ill-gotten" Geos on us!!?????

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 11:13 PM
Who is this "secret hero" that is deleting messages like "YOU ARE A CENSORED LAMER STANLEY" among us, I wonder... Hmm...
Come on, reveal yourself...

This if from our hero(god save him)

"Tis I - check your Private Messages area."

Conclusion: Do not swear even if you are right kids! Some one may be watching you..........

P.S: And do not try this(??) at home!

Sweet :)

Lukepuuk
08-29-2005, 11:14 PM
War_peace,

What are you doing man, you are isolating yourself?
Why that language? What did either me or Stanley ever do to you?
Because I don't always agree with you?

You are turning a game into something personal here.
A game should be fun and lots of people here are having fun. Have some yourself. And use the knowledge Stanley has for the good. To make sure that eventually the game will be cheat-proof.

You may hate me, I do not hate you and hope you keep on bringing your ideas here on the forum on a calm and cool matter so the game keeps evolving.
Don't hate Stanley because the game used to be easy to cheat on. Especially as he admits it and does not call you names like you do on him.
To use your last halve of your name:
Peace

Stanley
08-29-2005, 11:15 PM
Hopefully War_Peace will accept my offer to move this into private_messages.

:)

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 11:17 PM
You are killing me! In fact, you are even more harmful then him. Yes!

HAVE NOT YOU GOT ANY SENSE AT ALL!!???

He made geos! He made lots of them! He STILL HAS THEM!!!

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Can't u see that!?

Lukepuuk
08-29-2005, 11:22 PM
You are killing me! In fact, you are even more harmful then him. Yes!

HAVE NOT YOU GOT ANY SENSE AT ALL!!???

THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

Can't u see that!?

I can. But I'm also always seeing the fun side in things and I AM doing this for fun. I'm not on either this forum or the game to get frustrated.
I'm having a laugh with this game and I have no intensions on being first on the Top Players List. Just like the game it is and got into the forum on hoping to help Mickey evolve the game.

He made Geo's. But that's not something I can have in my wallet. And actually I can't program that well so I respect those who are that clever.
And honest to admit it.
I'm no saint. After I saw people could cheat here I Googled for a cheating script but did not find it.
Have fun here, I respect that you made it this far the honest way. But let each person in its dignity please. I do that with you too.

Appletom
08-29-2005, 11:26 PM
So he has learned the art of counterfeiting. I'm sure that someday the GEHSS will track him down, arrest him, then hang him.

You guys are funny. It is still a game in beta, cheating is encouraged (as long as you notify the site owner)

Don't forget, the name of the site is Google Earth Hacks

Stanley has already admitted that he "can't" use his ill-gotten nukes, be nice to him and everybody will be happy.

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 11:33 PM
This answer is for the 2 above(since they are the same)

Yeeeeay! Let's play. We are having fun here hihi! I may bruise my hand in order to make 10.000 troops and some "smart" guy who knows to cheat comes and destroys everything. But I am okey with that :spin: because I am having fun :spin: yeeeeeeay! :spin:

qrnster
08-29-2005, 11:35 PM
It is only unfair if some people were collecting jewels without trying, and

others (like myself) are working constantly. I was saving up for a nuke shield,

but I realised I had to get an army to Dhaka. Now I have to get a nuke shield-

and clicking around for a hundred jewels is very boring- even with some good

music on. Therefore, I think that even though it helps Mickey close holes in

the game, the players who can work on the script should help him without

needing to cheat. It is just frustrating for someone like me, who works hard to

get the jewels, only to find out that other people are doing nothing and still

can challenge me in a battle.

A good way of closing out the cheating, I feel, is to have a jewel mine

system, where for say 300 Geos, you can buy a mine system that will mine

jewels around for you. And surely all the people who have cheated will have

300 Geos, can spend it and not have to cheat again. A cool idea would be if

you could have upgrades- for example, you could get 1.5 times as fast for a

450 Geos. It would be a great help to some players. For example, I have been

out of my house quite a lot in the last four days- as a result, all the cities

around the Bay of Bengal, which used to all be mine (and Tokyo, though that

is now beyond my reach)are now all at doubt. Therefore, if you were away,

and you got nuked, your jewel mine would quietly be working for you so you

have enough Geos to build up an army and attack.

And stop yelling at each other. It's only a game, but I can't think of any

better solution than the one I just did. Any thoughts about the cheating or

the idea?

PS. I'll put this in the features/suggestions area as well.

Stanley
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Yeah, a real CAPTCHA GENERATOR is what we should have.

It's cool that Mickey decided to create his own, but it's not robust enough, even with the periods added, and the different fonts used, and the moving about of the letters. There _will_ be people who break that, if they' haven't already.

Google for "CAPTCHA GENERATOR", and check look at what is free. There are some simple ones that would make the Jewel Hunting a lot less painful.

I sersiouly suggest that we implement something like those, and then require that every 50th Jewel or so.

-Stan

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 11:40 PM
Stanley just abandoned all his cities!

I am wondering what he is up to?

Should I feel remorse??

???

Lukepuuk
08-29-2005, 11:44 PM
I think something like that should be additionally to the rest.
The ones that come back more then the other should be rewarded with a little more...how unfair it may be to the ones with less time on their hand.
Last two days I didn't got a chance to mine for jewels...
But I can't expect from myself that everyone who did should get the same as me then.
But I do agree qrnster that perhaps if you invest a lot there should be a quicker way to get more in return.

rasqual
08-29-2005, 11:49 PM
He made geos! He made lots of them! He STILL HAS THEM!!!??

I've done my share of scripting, but I don't think it's possible to make Geos out of whole cloth. He might have made jewels, but the gap between scripters and non-scripters for that has narrowed a lot, too.

Take me as an example. True, I haven't really taken advantage of scripting loopholes as much as I could have (I actually took pains to make my scripts work like a person would -- not running too fast, taking random breaks, and so forth; heck, I summed multiple sin functions on differing periodicities to tune a random interval between jewel homings, simulating natural human timing), but I'd still acquired a lot of assets. Where are they now? Gone. Why? No time to hunt jewels.

This reduces to a game for people with time to play it. Heck, I talk strategy but it's academic. I'm not going to rule the world, no way.

Of course, everything I'm saying could be a ruse as I plot the Compleat Hacking Overthrow of Mickey's server. Or as I bribe him behind the scenes, offering K$ for his source code. Or as I employ Ingenious Methods to deploy Invisible Troops in service of the Fatherland. Something like that. ;-)

Everyone keep it light.

Aaaack! W&P, you just took my Atlanta! Why you [epithets deleted].

LOL

Lukepuuk
08-29-2005, 11:53 PM
you have the largest vocabulary i have seen :whoa:

War_Peace
08-29-2005, 11:54 PM
And a sense of humour...

Lukepuuk
08-29-2005, 11:59 PM
I think Geo's should be awarded for humor :lol:

War_Peace
08-30-2005, 12:02 AM
??
I've done my share of scripting, but I don't think it's possible to make Geos out of whole cloth. He might have made jewels

You are indeed a weird man! Why do you look things from such an angle!?... At the end, he made Geos! Does it matter really if he did it via jewels or not?

You are so strange that you can't realize you have new messages(look right now) :) :P :lol:

rasqual
08-30-2005, 12:04 AM

Given my present total poverty, I can't disagree. In which case, of course, I'll have to use scripting to web-scrape joke sites and post 'em here. ;-)

War_Peace
08-30-2005, 12:04 AM

What the heaven(??) are you talking about!?? If that system was on, rasqual indeed could conquer the whole earth! ;)

Edit: As seen right above :lol: :lol:

Lukepuuk
08-30-2005, 12:06 AM
You are indeed a weird man! Why do you look things from such an angle!?... At the end, he made Geos! Does it matter really if he did it via jewels or not?

You are so strange that you can't realize you have new messages(look right now) :) :P :lol:

but we would have a big laugh about it

Lukepuuk
08-30-2005, 12:53 AM
hmm post above wasn't supposed to Quote that.
The laughing part was of getting Geo's for humor and Rasquel being able to conquer the earth then :whoa:

Weird that it quoted that part. Maybe it was still in my cache.

partin
08-30-2005, 05:29 AM
oh,your god, I know these today...

oh, my geos, working so hard all day and all night,

I am afraid I will lost all cities for my few Geos.

rasqual
08-30-2005, 06:03 AM
oh,your god, I know these today...

oh, my geos, working so hard all day and all night,

I am afraid I will lost all cities for my few Geos.

If you're a poet working on his free verse, I suggest keeping the day job.

;-)

Roger Andrew
08-30-2005, 01:13 PM
A limerick contest is on ... post here for 1 week immunity from other Humour and poetry lovers

Roger

bell
08-30-2005, 01:29 PM
My city was blown in a nuke.
The contamination made me puke.
How can I avange?
I need my revenge!
But I'm neither a lord nor a duke.

War_Peace
08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
Ohh I am having such a great time,
They used to build houses from lime.
I am really into eating sausages,
It would be nice if bell checked his messages!!?

rasqual
08-30-2005, 04:12 PM
I marvel to see all this verse.
And nary a one of you curse
But let my bold heros
Wipe out all your geos
And then we'll see who's speaking worse!

War_Peace
08-30-2005, 04:16 PM
Go rasqual go!

Lukepuuk
08-30-2005, 09:27 PM
The first time is saw the game I was hooked,
But in my enthousiasme I left something overlooked.
Though it was fun to nuke a city to crap,
Now 35000 troops await on my doorstep.

Mick Heaven
08-30-2005, 09:45 PM
Don't y'all realise that this is a game,
all your ranting and hollering is lame,
So get off your box,
and pull up your socks,
and go nuke all them that complain.:cowboy:

Beezer
08-31-2005, 02:29 PM
Gotten a bit off topic. Thread closed. Please start a GE War Poems thread if you wish continue the poetry.