PDA

View Full Version : Keyhole feature missing in Google Earth

englishman
08-30-2005, 11:22 PM
Hello,
I'm sure that my evaluation version, or two, of Keyhole worked so that...
When you pointed the mouse at a place on the main picture and zoomed in, you zoomed towards that point. The same happened when you zoomed out - always from the point on the screen you were "aiming at" with the mouse. With Google Earth, this is missing - you allways go straight up and straight down, regardless of where you are pointing your mouse.
I think I remember correctly.
Can other other users confirm this and get the message through to the right people?
If I'm wrong and confusing the Keyhole navigation with some other program, I strongly suggest that this feature be built in to Google Earth.
Someone get back to me.
Cheers,
Nick M

Mick Heaven
08-30-2005, 11:24 PM
Sorry, but I zoom in where I'm pointing whether it's in the centre or not. The middle mouse button does what you talk about but not double clicking anywhere on screen.

englishman
08-30-2005, 11:57 PM
Hmmm,
My roller mouse brings the view straight up and straight down. The centre of the screen is the zoom centre wherever your mouse is pointing.
Win2k, Gyration mouse, G-Earth V3.0.0336, OpenGL rendering.
Maybe there's something in the options I've missed.
It isn't nearly as good this way...
Cheers,
NM

Stadsman
08-31-2005, 12:00 AM
Can other other users confirm this and get the message through to the right people?

Hi Englishman Nick

With to get to the 'right people' I assume you mean the folks at Google/Keyhole. I advise you to go to the official Google Earth Support (http://earth.google.com/support) site as this site is not affiliated with Google Earth.