PDA

View Full Version : Improving the performance of the server

felipeboralli
08-31-2005, 02:33 PM
Ive come up with an simple idea do make the load on the server much lower, and thus, increasing performance of the gameplay.

Instead of having 3 files, each one for Cotton, Oil and Diamond, there should have a file containg all the cotton fields, oil wells and diamonds mines, which should be refreshed once in 5-10 minutes, and one just for building new Oil wells|Cotton fields|Diamond mines, which should be refreshed once the mouse stops.

The file that would be refreshed everytime the mouse stops would much smaller that the currently ones, that load everytime all the fields, mines and oil wells

This would increase refresh times. For me, a jewel refresh time is about 4sec, and the fields|wells|mines take about 15sec to refresh when after I stopped moving the mouse. Once I use a 10Mpbs connection, I think this is trouble due to the server. Also is a common thing the refresh failing

Mickey
08-31-2005, 02:46 PM
Good plan. I'll get that done when I get a chance...

rasqual
08-31-2005, 03:49 PM
Too late for a me too, but I'm glad someone mentioned this. I'd meant to; things weren't scaling well!

Something I wish Google would do -- indicate refresh status of links. Failed refresh, refresh in progress -- stuff like that. The status in the viewport only applies to image data, apparently -- not layers or links. They need to work that angle a bit.