PDA

View Full Version : plundering ressources

Bastian
09-03-2005, 02:57 AM
the ressources are stored in the home base. if somebody attacks your home base, he has to first kill all armies in the base, then he can plunder some ressources from you, based on how many troops survived.

for example player A has 1000 troops in his home base. player B attacks with 2000. 1000 troops of B survived after killing all troops of A. now the troops of B are plundering A's ressources, maybe 1000 barrels of oil, or if there is not enough oil, 500 barrels oil and 500 carats of diamonds.

but you can NOT plunder geos (because they are in the bank ;) ). now have to decide: save your ressources in GEOs, or wait for a better price. and you will have to leave some armies in your home base to save the ressources.

Bastian
09-03-2005, 02:29 PM
thoughts?

Cato
09-03-2005, 03:43 PM
sounds like a really good idea

why didnt i think of that? lol

His Lord Uberdude
09-03-2005, 07:36 PM
I like the idea of capturing resources. In fact, I think that you should be able to capture wells, mines and fields too. Here's my idea:

Have the whole earth "zoned" by it's production. Meaning, look at those pages in the atlas that show productions of areas of the globe and apply those in the game.

Remove the "boxes" where you place resources. You can put a resource collector anywhere, but it has to be within so many mile of one of your cities, or your base. The "zoning", as mentioned above, should regulate what works where. For example, you COULD build a well in New York, but it wouldn't produce anything. Ditto anything else.

Finally, make it possible to take over other people's well's/mines/fields. Your resources would have to be near to your city and well defended, preferably with an army near them, to prevent their being commandeered.

Thoughts?

earthstar
09-04-2005, 11:06 AM
i like the idea, but it should not be complicated too much by zoning.
if someone attacks your home base they should be able to plunder resources not converted into geos.
the current flaw is that home bases can be empty and not destructable, while this has a good motive (to keep people playing) it means that there is a missing possible attack opportunity.
currently having troops outside a home base is only a perceived threat - it does not actually constitute something worth fretting over, which is where this idea should succeed.

rasqual
09-05-2005, 06:54 AM
How about this -- in the same way that we hope that soon attacks can occur anywhere between armies, how about resources can be "attached" to anything? For example, you could attach resources to a city, your home base, an army, or even leave them attached to the cotton field or oil well that produced them. Perhaps jewels should be unique in some way, since they're already darned unique and the crux of so much controversy.

If someone defeats something that resources are attached to, a proportion may be destroyed but the conqueror gets whatever remains.

Interesting idea there.