PDA

View Full Version : Teleportation

aquastor
09-06-2005, 07:18 AM
This may be old news to everyone else, but I just stumbled over the fact that after you click ok to load a new placemark/folder from the web, and just as GE starts flying you on to the next location, if you click on the view area right away the flyout just stops. That's not the new part though.

The new part is step 2 -- you then right-click on the just-added new placemark/folder in your temp file folder, and choose "Edit." Then immediately click "Cancel." However, in the interim, GE will have eschewed its usual flyover and materialized the viewpoint at the new placemark location.

Sometimes I just don't have the patience to wait while the whole flyout/flyover downloads....

:D

araT
09-06-2005, 07:24 AM
Nice find!!

You know this is only because in preferences the edit 'fly to' bar is alot faster than the normal 'fly to' bar ;)

and Alt+Enter will bring up the edit window so you dont have to do any clicking at all :p

T.

aquastor
09-06-2005, 08:05 AM
Um...I don't seem to have that listed under my preferences. Could it be because I'm still using the free version of GE? (Until perhaps this moment, I'd yet to read about a feature of GE Plus that I even wanted, let alone needed)

araT
09-06-2005, 08:15 AM
I use GE free too, i would happily pay for plus but there are no benefits for me.. i dont own a GPS device, and i'm not really into CAD stuff so drawing is out of the question

have a look in the Edit menu, bottom option says "Properties.. Alt+Enter" and when theres a placemark selected (placemarks are automaticly highlighted as you open them) and you press it, it opens the edit dialouge.. :)

T.

aquastor
09-09-2005, 07:18 AM
I use GE free too, i would happily pay for plus but there are no benefits for me.. i dont own a GPS device, and i'm not really into CAD stuff so drawing is out of the question

Exactly! And, uh, exactly! :)

have a look in the Edit menu, bottom option says "Properties.. Alt+Enter" and when theres a placemark selected (placemarks are automaticly highlighted as you open them) and you press it, it opens the edit dialouge.. :)

T.

A-HA! I found it, finally! Tools, Options, Control tab, fly-to speed! Woo-HOO! Lookit me, I'm in Paris, I'm in Moscow, I'm in New York City -- I'm Gully Foyle and I'm ja--...

...um...

...ahem....

Never mind. Um, thanks though.

:D