PDA

View Full Version : date and time of picture??

vssun
09-06-2005, 02:06 PM
How to know the date/time of a satelite image??

Steeefan
09-06-2005, 03:02 PM
It's not possible.

War_Peace
09-06-2005, 11:02 PM
It's not possible.

Well, actually it is! Select all the "DG coverage"s from the Layers. They are just above the "Terrain" which is at the bottom. There are 4 of them from 2002 to 2005 and every one of them indicates the year which the image was taken...

hypeserver
09-07-2005, 12:38 AM
thanks for the post warpiece, but I've tried that before and it does not include the date and day of which the image was taken. Although it shows the sateliette's copyright image and the year the image was taken the date and day however are NOT posted.

War_Peace
09-07-2005, 11:59 AM
I already said that it shows the year...

Btw: Not piece, peace

hypeserver
09-07-2005, 01:01 PM
actually you know the typo wasn't such a big deal also I know you talked about the year, but not the date and time which was really the question that the original post asked

War_Peace
09-07-2005, 01:23 PM
No, I don't...

araT
09-07-2005, 01:32 PM
if names arent such a big deal i'll start calling you hyperbaby. :p
please chill out.. you take things far too seriously.. its just the internet.

T.

War_Peace
09-07-2005, 01:38 PM
:lol:
Actually, it should be "hypebaby"

wragabrr
09-13-2005, 07:49 PM
How to know the date/time of a satelite image??

there is a way to get it out, if it's the picture of a city. try to find as much construction sites as you can. then you have to find out the adresses of those sites. with those adresses you should find some web pages with informations about the time when those buildings where built.
small construction sites are more useful (because of a shorter building period). closed roads are also a god hint.

to find out the time you can watch at the shade of crane.
It's crazy I know ;) but I'm doing this with Zürich (CH) and I'm feeling like Sherlock Holmes:)
if you got some other ideas, please let me know!

vssun
09-14-2005, 08:43 AM
The better idea is to ask google for this

anthonywitt
09-14-2005, 10:13 AM
War_Pease is correct on the time and date on Sat images. All images will have a time and date on them but you are only seeing part of the whole image. Most images are classifed and to be able to post them on web sites they are declassified and only small portions of a mega pixel image is used. if the image is modifed then the one doing the modification may date the image. The date you find might be the date of the modification. The handling of Sat images has allways been complicated as to ward off Sat Hackers. Hakers are a pain in the @ss.
I am not defending War_Pease but when he is correct he is correct.

anthonywitt
09-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Just to let you know. It is not just the internet. Man the net is the most powerful tool in the world. It is the world and nothing can come close except a radio pulse wave which would disrupt beyond repair other than that nothing comes close. I see a descussion thread coming just about the net. Dont ever insult things you know nothing of.
Love ya man.