PDA

View Full Version : REal time google earth overlays?

searayman
09-07-2005, 02:11 PM
how do u make a google earth overlay that updates itself automaticaly, i think you click on add network link but i dont know what to do from there?

searayman
09-07-2005, 02:15 PM
now i dont think it the network link i want, i want to do something like the wweather overlays that automaticaly update, or the trafic report ones! how do i do that?

araT
09-07-2005, 02:20 PM
Welcome to GEH searayman! :D

When you make an overlay click the 'Refresh Parameters' box just below where you put in the URL/Location of the image.. you can set how often it refreshes there! :)

Enjoy!

T.

searayman
09-07-2005, 02:31 PM
i just figured this out but mine seems to not be working! it wouldnt refresh like the one on the website? the pic that updates on the website i right clicked and got the link, but it dosent update on GE?

araT
09-07-2005, 02:33 PM
It will, depending on how often the refresh is set at in GE, and how often the page refreshes..

tell me, when the page refreshes does the image keep the same name?

T.

searayman
09-07-2005, 03:01 PM
i set mine to refesh every 2 minutes then i waited and the on eonline refreshed, but mine did not, and i waited like 10 minutes and nothing happened, i even closed and opened GE and it still didnt refresh!

searayman
09-07-2005, 03:45 PM
i thikn i figured it out!

Captain Hornblower
09-07-2005, 04:06 PM
i thikn i figured it out!
Yeah, but for the future: Please use realistically refresh periods, not 1 or 2 minutes.

searayman
09-07-2005, 09:37 PM
sorry about that, i just wasnt sure if it would even work. How often do you recomend?

and also for that is there anyway i can make it refresh in days instead of hours, or do i just need to convert like a month into hours?

Captain Hornblower
09-08-2005, 04:54 AM
It depends on the refresh rate of the origin. When the origin is updated every hour than refre**** every hour.
When it's updated just every month like the alergy forecast, than it's useless to update it every hour. Than it's enough when it's updated by being opened (once).