PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Lukepuuk
09-07-2005, 02:44 PM
The sea is a total waste of space. How about using a portion of it for a new resource.
You could do it different then the other resources.
Like paying 50 geo's for one day of fishing in a spot.
And you don't know how much you've fished in return until the next day.
You could gain Geo's from it or lose some.
And the city near the water could receive 5% of your fish.
Just an idea.

What do you think? :cool:

araT
09-07-2005, 02:47 PM
well, I think the nearest city should only get 5% of your PROFITS - but other than that its a VERY cool idea! :D

T.

Lukepuuk
09-07-2005, 03:01 PM
I think that stuff like that makes you want to come back every day.
When all resources are so crowded that you can't build any wells or mines, and you're not attacking but just saving up armies, all you can do now is collect jewels.
Give people more to do each day financially and the game will never become boring or frustrating.
I also liked the gambling idea.
And you are right, the nearest city should receive 5% of the profits.

rasqual
09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
A nice idea, but screw the nearest city getting a tax. You have to bring the catch ashore in one of many port cities. That could be an abstraction (not something happening in the GE UI), but no -- landlocked cities should not get a tax on fish.

I think a person should select which city to bring the catch ashore. This would be a bit of a first "trade agreement" functionality; you're only going to go fishing where it'll profit someone you care to pay.

I'd also suggest that the fishing fleet be a logical extension of armies -- the fleet has to travel, costs geos to outfit, and your capacity to catch fish is based a lot on how many fishing boats (like armies) you have. Blah, blah, something like that.

His Lord Uberdude
09-07-2005, 08:20 PM
When all resources are so crowded that you can't build any wells or mines, and you're not attacking but just saving up armies, all you can do now is collect jewels.
I dunno...I found room for at least a dozen mines this morning. I just can't afford them all. :p Otherwise there wouldn't be.

And you are right, the nearest city should receive 5% of the profits.
Yes. Taxes are good......in....a game, that is. We should get a jewel tax system up too.

I think that stuff like that makes you want to come back every day.

The game has been a little less lately...mostly because nothing's changed recently.