PDA

View Full Version : Oil for moving armies

Lukepuuk
09-07-2005, 04:15 PM
The board is full of wandering armies. Just putting their armies all over the world for no reason or to take over a city when it becomes unoccupied.

How about needing oil to move your armies?
As this wouldn't be fair to those who can't 'plant' an oil well, you should be able to buy oil.
This also gives an extra dimension to the oil wells. Will you sell it or use it to move your armies. In real life they need oil too, to make war.

That way you have your first base for an economy, and you also make sure that people only move their armies for a reason, and not just to make a point to someone they dislike or to dwell all over the globe.
Ofcourse....we would be needing more room to build oil wells I think. To give everyone a fair chance.

Am I going too far now or could it be a start for an idea? :confused:

rasqual
09-07-2005, 08:20 PM
No, you're making perfect sense. Absolutely, petrol is a big part of any economy worth instancing in the game.

Mickey! By morning!

Lukepuuk
09-07-2005, 08:32 PM
Mickey! By morning!

hahahahahaha LMAO

-_-ComputerGeek-_-
09-08-2005, 12:40 AM
I think its a great idea. It makes the game more challenging and more strategic. ;)

His Lord Uberdude
09-08-2005, 01:49 AM
Great minds think alike! This is good. Really good. Armies have always needed maintenance beyond increasing size.