PDA

View Full Version : How to make something like news of the week?

searayman
09-07-2005, 10:06 PM
i how do i make something like the news of the week thing foe GE?

araT
09-08-2005, 02:59 AM
Its already been done - See this file (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile2587/News-around-the-World.htm)

Have a look at the code if you dont understend how its done.. i dont recommend this if you dont have alot of experience with computers though - as they are quite dificult.

You need to generate a script that finds the location mentioned in every article, and then generate its coordinates and sets a placemark. it then also needs to pull the text off the site & dump it in the description... and then any other features you may want..

I'm currently doing this with a live worldwide tropical storm (typhoon/hurricane/cyclone) tracker, and it is proving more difficult than I imagined! - mine will be done by monday though ;)

T.

searayman
09-08-2005, 10:02 PM
ok thanks i am not that advanced and dont think i can do it, and i knew that thing was already made; i was just refering to it like how do i make something like that program.

The program you are makeing sounds great!! Let me klnow when your done, i would love to use it; kind of a weather frfeak my self.

anywho if when u finish that one (i had a great idea but dont think i can do it since i am not that computer savy i am not going to try) if you would liek a challenge pm me and i will share with you my idea!