PDA

View Full Version : Cities In GEWar

CalabreseBoy
09-08-2005, 06:04 AM
if you happen to occupy a city - what do you do with it - lol im new so any help would be appreciated - what benefits is there in owning a city??

thanks

araT
09-08-2005, 06:09 AM
With certain cities you earn a pecentage of diamond mine/cotton field/oil well production (i.e. Capetown)

Also, the more cities you occupy, the higher your rank in the game is... it helps if you occupy the higher populated cities too ;) just be wary of Stanley, Rasqual & Milla.. they are staging World War 3, and if you get in their way they wont hesitate to kill you.. feel free to attack whoever you like, though be wary.. :p

Other than that you may want to strengthen your armies before sending them into combat. There are changes being made to improve the game every day!

You can read more in the GEwar FAQ here (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=921)

Most Importantly, Have Fun!

T.

CalabreseBoy
09-08-2005, 06:14 AM
just say i owned a city like seattle or something though, what would i get for owning that city considering there are no diamond mines, oil wells or cotton fields there?

and also - is the only way to make geos, to find jewels, that is if you have no mines, wells or cotton fields?
and also - if you own a city, how do u get it to become on of the huge, coloured towers you see surrounding all the cities?

thanks for your hep so far

araT
09-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Ok, if you owned Seattle it would add to your "Total Value" depending on the population. The person with the highest "Total Value" is currently the winner (untill someone else beats the crap outta him, or gains a higher total value) there are no other benefits for now, but we are working on ideas for that

The only way to make Geos for now is to either occupy a city who recieves percentages, or to have an oil well/diamond mine/cotton field.. or to roam the planet for jewels

A huge coloured shape is set for you as soon as you occupy a city. Those huge coloured shapes are an indication of a) the population of the city and b) how many armies are currently occupying it. You can set your cities parameters (colour, shape & translucency) here. (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/changeparameters.php)

Anything else? :)

T.

CalabreseBoy
09-08-2005, 06:35 AM
yeh ok thanks heaps for that info

Lukepuuk
09-08-2005, 11:31 AM
and...the more armies you move into your city, the higher your tower will become.

War_Peace
09-09-2005, 08:14 PM
if you happen to occupy a city - what do you do with it - lol im new so any help would be appreciated - what benefits is there in owning a city??

thanks

If you water it, it may grow up and become a nice tree... hihihi...

Mickey
09-09-2005, 08:24 PM
A huge coloured shape is set for you as soon as you occupy a city. Those huge coloured shapes are an indication of a) the population of the city and b) how many armies are currently occupying it.

Specifically, the size (width) of the polygon is determined completely by the value of the city.

The height of the city is determined completely by how many armies are in city, regardless how many troops are in each army. For example, a city with two armies in with with 100 troops each will be taller than a city with one army in it that has 300,000 troops. The idea is that it won't give away how large the armies are until you attack it or use a spy (coming soon).