PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Tool

anthonyeeles
09-08-2005, 12:15 PM
For some reason, the diamond mining tool seems to cause me problems every time I try to use it - incredibly slow and often using 80%CPU - anyone else finding this?

Also at the moment i can't find an area I can drill a diamond mine yet i can see other mines much closer to each other than where I am if you see what I mean

War_Peace
09-08-2005, 12:31 PM
Reason: I'm a tool :lol:

That's because they insist on using those darn .KML files. When more people use those files, many PC's may not handle the burden. I tell them to change the whole system or at least move it to the GEWar page but, nope!...

To find space, try harder ;)

anthonyeeles
09-08-2005, 12:36 PM
OK well i re-downloaded the KML and it behaved a bit better in terms of speed. Maybe that was just a coincedence, but i tried to dig a mine about 15 times with GE crashing or locking my pc, re-download and install and it works fine... Go figure?

The space thing was just it taking a long while to update, i.e I left the viewpoint hovering above a location, made a coffee, came back just as it decided to pop up saying 'Dig Diamond Mine Here'

Cheers for your help W_P...

Lukepuuk
09-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Also...if you need more System Resources....when you for example want to build a diamond mine...uncheck the Oil Wells KML and the Cotton Plants.
Perhaps even the Cities.
This should work.