PDA

View Full Version : End Game

elk-tamer
09-08-2005, 03:09 PM
There have been a few posts about getting Geos for owning a city. The argument against it has been that some players would eventually get unbeatable.
I think that may be a good idea though. Let some players dominate, and then end a game when one player "wins"(owns all the cities). Then a new game would start, and the only advantage would be experience. Each game may still take weeks, but the only other option is to gear the game towards a state of equilibirum and therefore stagnation.

Lukepuuk
09-08-2005, 03:19 PM
For once I have to disagree with you.
I think it should be a neverending game.
Where you can silently gather troops in your home base for month before attacking and taking over the whole of europe or america.
And I don't think you should get Geo's for cities.
People will always want to conquer. You see that now, and now you don't even get anything in return.
If the game would end after weeks, then the ones with less time on their hands would quit immediately because they would never ever have a chance at beating the ones who can play a lot.
The fun thing would be if there are more resources and that after a year you could look back and see all you have accomplished, conquered or built.
An economy would also make it easier to keep the game fun if its neverending.
By the way...an economy would be useless if the game would restart each time. As would allies be.

This way, you have big guys, but they are not unbeatable.
If the game would restart, there would be no sence in giving it my all to get an enormous army. Why would I, if after a few weeks it would all be gone.
The fun is in really accomplishing something after months and months and still get more influence on the game while you get bigger and invest more Geo's in stuff.
I think a lot will agree with me(I hope)

elk-tamer
09-08-2005, 04:32 PM
I see your point, but as a response I'm going to attack that city you're helping to defend.

Lukepuuk
09-08-2005, 04:34 PM
hahaha don't attack it just to spite me :crysmilie

elk-tamer
09-08-2005, 04:54 PM
hahaha don't attack it just to spite me :crysmilie

If you stick to our secret agreement, I will destroy Nichloas and let you have El Paso.

Lukepuuk
09-08-2005, 06:14 PM
If you stick to our secret agreement, I will destroy Nichloas and let you have El Paso.

Can't do. He's my ally. So how about a secret agreement of not attacking him :lol:
Join us allies :spin: