PDA

View Full Version : Exchange rate for Jewels,oil,etc. rises

-_-ComputerGeek-_-
09-08-2005, 11:08 PM
Something that i thought would be cool is to have the echange rate for oil, jewels, etc. rise. You could play this thing in with natural disasters or something. Like if a natural disaster happens and wipes out a few oil fields or cotton fields, the exchange rate will go down. If anyone has something to add to this plz share.

-_-ComputerGeek-_-

Lukepuuk
09-08-2005, 11:11 PM
Only one thing to add....like your idea but...
Normally when you wipe out a couple of oil wells the exchange rate will rise. Due to being less oil for the demand.
But if armies would have to pay in oil to move their armies, the demand would go further up. So the more war there is, the bigger the exchange rate should be. And visa versa.

rasqual
09-08-2005, 11:12 PM
Something that i thought would be cool is to have the echange rate for oil, jewels, etc. rise. You could play this thing in with natural disasters or something. Like if a natural disaster happens and wipes out a few oil fields or cotton fields, the exchange rate will go down. If anyone has something to add to this plz share.Yo.

I keep suggesting to Mickey that he incorporate the USGS earthquake data, but he's too busy with silly crap like a day job, a "life" -- stuff like that. Probably has a woman on each arm, too. Dang, some geeks have all the luck.

;-)

Don't you mean rates would go UP, though, if a disaster hit an oil field? Supply/demand and all that . . .

rasqual
09-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Lp -

Dang. You're right. War would increase the exchange rate, which would increase . . .

Hey, there's something WRONG with having the folks (us) that are trying to raise the armies, getting the increased value in exchange rates so that we can pay for the armies. We're what -- selling the oil to ourselves?

Oh my aching head . . .

Lukepuuk
09-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Just imagine we are back in the year 1859 when the first oil well was drilled but people didn't yet really know what to do with it.

****...now to find a solution for having nukes back in 1859 :whoa:

His Lord Uberdude
09-09-2005, 01:25 AM
This could be interesting to see how it changes the game. My theory is it'll divide the players into two groups: the warlords and the merchants. The merchants will just raise resources and sell them until they're filthy rich, at which point, they might become a warlord. In fact, being a merchant could be a stage of the game, when you're not powerful enough and you just need more Geos. Hmm. :confused: