PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania coal mining, Rubber in SE Asia...

Corporal
09-11-2005, 02:07 AM
I think we need more resource hotspots since it's becoming so difficult to get any resources. The game is expanding, after all... I think these are some good resources. Rubber is mostly artificial these days, I know, but at one point [WWII] it was an extremely valuable resource.

Corporal
09-11-2005, 01:23 PM
Also, I think we should have 1 resource for every 100 or 150 players so that everyone is almost guaranteed a chance to collect resources.

rasqual
09-11-2005, 08:03 PM
It's true that the resource areas haven't scaled well with game activity.

I think the area of the resource fields could increase as player exploration of these areas increases. It would be simple for Mickey to quantify the BBOX hits and tether the usable area to that.

Corporal
09-11-2005, 08:11 PM
He'd also have to fix exchange rates so that they don't plummet every time the area expands.

rasqual
09-11-2005, 08:26 PM
He'd also have to fix exchange rates so that they don't plummet every time the area expands.

Right. Well, as the number of players wanting armies increases, the demand for the resource increases, which should balance things a bit. I'm not entirely sure he's implemented supply and demand adequately, on this score.

Mickey? What's happening in the code, dude? How's it lookin'?

Lukepuuk
09-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Right. Well, as the number of players wanting armies increases, the demand for the resource increases, which should balance things a bit. I'm not entirely sure he's implemented supply and demand adequately, on this score.

Ofcourse...why didn't I think of that. We've been solely focused on how much oil there is...and the more there is, the more the exchange rates plummet. But the more players, the more demand. It should go up again.

birq
09-12-2005, 01:17 AM
But the more players, the more demand. It should go up again.

Close, except the more armies are demanded, the more valuable resources should be, not necessarily the number of players in the game.