PDA

View Full Version : Further Jewel Generating Possibilities

patrickf
09-12-2005, 10:29 PM
Suggestions have probably been mentioned loadsa places but just thought i'd ask if any other jewel gerneration sources are in the pipeline. To be honest at the minute i've no real enthusiasm to occupy most cities. the idea of taxes being collected by population is something i'd really love to see and would make competition much more intense. Also if certain industries were taken into consideration this would also help certain cities e.g. Movie making cities in the us and Asia? Sugar/forests in africa/asia? Even holidaying possibly in spain?

Would love to see the game enhanced even further and make the whole process of attacking/occupying cities even more frutiful

Thanks

Paddy

palau
09-17-2005, 11:03 PM
Would love to see the game enhanced even further and make the whole process of attacking/occupying cities even more frutiful

Paddy

I'd like to second this opinion. Conquering a city usually means big troop loss and one gets no reward, unless having the chance to collect lots of geos by keeping the city a long time. But defending the city might cost more than the income.

I would not rise the city taxes significantly, otherwise the game would unbalance towards the top players. What about a pillage lot, a one time income after conquering the city? Alternatively, some defenders might surrender and become part of the new owner's army. Either way will encourage battle.

michael fontenot
09-18-2005, 10:46 AM
yeah it would be nice to get some type of immediate reward when capturing a city. I mentioned one suggestion on the "armies gaining strength" thread about rewarding that army with more troops. it would help to defend the city and maybe hold it long enough to make a few Geos.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Suggestions have probably been mentioned loadsa places but just thought i'd ask if any other jewel gerneration sources are in the pipeline. To be honest at the minute i've no real enthusiasm to occupy most cities. the idea of taxes being collected by population is something i'd really love to see and would make competition much more intense. Also if certain industries were taken into consideration this would also help certain cities e.g. Movie making cities in the us and Asia? Sugar/forests in africa/asia? Even holidaying possibly in spain?

Thanks

Paddy

What about army pay according to the size of the army.

michael fontenot
09-18-2005, 01:24 PM
that's rediculous, you pay for having an army depending on it's size, not get paid for an army for it's size.
silly