PDA

View Full Version : New Alliances

turbok2
09-13-2005, 01:47 AM
In 5 short hours, I have captured Toronto, Detroit and Boston. I am willing to make peacetalks with the surrounding armies and cities.

I'm all ears.

rasqual
09-13-2005, 03:10 AM
In 5 short hours, I have captured Toronto, Detroit and Boston. I am willing to make peacetalks with the surrounding armies and cities.

I'm all ears.In three short hours, four people within range of you are going to utterly demolish your existence. Meanwhile, not one player will ally with you.

If you wish to surrender and save yourself, let me know immediately. Deployment will commence in one hour, otherwise.

turbok2
09-13-2005, 03:14 AM
=o at least hold of till morning. For you see, it is my bedtime~ >.> but, if I am to be demolished entirely... T'was fun while it lasted ^^;;

rasqual
09-13-2005, 03:19 AM
=o at least hold of till morning. For you see, it is my bedtime~ >.> but, if I am to be demolished entirely... T'was fun while it lasted ^^;;
LOL

Here are your terms for peace:

Abandon Boston.

That is all. But you must withdraw immediately, otherwise the previous threat will be carried out in 52 minutes.

Don't let the sun go down on our wrath. ;-)

birq
09-13-2005, 03:23 AM
Stand and fight. Don't let them bully you around! Give in to these thugs once, and they'll own you forever.

(I like stirring up trouble :))

turbok2
09-13-2005, 03:23 AM
Abandon Boston? I could do that, but am I garunteed that I wont loose Toronto and Detroit?

What if you're bluffing? *looks at troops* I have a great deal in Boston, maybe they will live, if there is indeed an attack...

How can I trust one, who openly admited to 'demolish my exsistance'

rasqual
09-13-2005, 03:26 AM
Abandon Boston? I could do that, but am I garunteed that I wont loose Toronto and Detroit?

What if you're bluffing? *looks at troops* I have a great deal in Boston, maybe they will live, if there is indeed an attack...

How can I trust one, who openly admited to 'demolish my exsistance'
You have only my word that none of the allies will attack your other cities. I cannot speak for non-allied forces. However, if you do not abandon boston -- for now -- your doom is certain.

turbok2
09-13-2005, 03:28 AM
Why not just shake hands and invite me into the allied forces ;) I'm sure alot of potential trouble can be brought to an end quickly, and no lives need be lost.

Aditional Memo: And who knows, I just might be of some use to you...

rasqual
09-13-2005, 03:42 AM
Why not just shake hands and invite me into the allied forces ;) I'm sure alot of potential trouble can be brought to an end quickly, and no lives need be lost.

Aditional Memo: And who knows, I just might be of some use to you...
I am not at liberty to make such decisions unilaterally, nor would I if I possessed that authority. But your bona fides will speak louder as actions than as words.

This will be my last communication on this question.

turbok2
09-13-2005, 03:45 AM
Well then, perhaps I shall hold my ground till morning. See what I have left on my return.

Just be wary of who you strike. It would be quite... silly looking, when an ally of mine, pardon my french, bites you in the behind.

'tis all.

G'day~

rasqual
09-13-2005, 03:55 AM
Well then, perhaps I shall hold my ground till morning. See what I have left on my return.

Just be wary of who you strike. It would be quite... silly looking, when an ally of mine, pardon my french, bites you in the behind.

'tis all.

G'day~We have decided to show mercy despite your recalcitrance -- a severe mercy, but mercy all the same. Consider what form our genuine displeasure might assume, were we less inclined toward beneficence.

birq
09-13-2005, 04:02 AM
Nukes are such a cowardly way to do it. I expected more from you, Rasqual.

rasqual
09-13-2005, 04:03 AM
Nukes are such a cowardly way to do it. I expected more from you, Rasqual.
LOL!

Hey, it was your idea.

;-)

birq
09-13-2005, 04:05 AM
No! I wanted to see blood and body parts and a long, drawn out battle, but all I get is what looks like you left a burrito in the microwave too long.

rasqual
09-13-2005, 04:07 AM
Lmao

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 10:46 AM
LOL

Here are your terms for peace:

Abandon Boston.

That is all. But you must withdraw immediately, otherwise the previous threat will be carried out in 52 minutes.

Don't let the sun go down on our wrath. ;-)

hahahahaah LOL

Fooling around with the brains of the new players now are you? :lol:

turbok2
09-13-2005, 01:01 PM
A nuke. *sigh* Coward.

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 01:33 PM
I think he did that more for fun. Rasqual has a very big army and if he wanted to he could easily overtake it by force. Guess he didn't want to make the journey to Boston.

turbok2
09-13-2005, 01:41 PM
I also see that Nilla is camped outside of both Toronto and Detroit. Shame I can't attack them.

rasqual
09-13-2005, 02:10 PM
I also see that Nilla is camped outside of both Toronto and Detroit. Shame I can't attack them.
Mickey's on it (the feature of being able to attack armies anywhere).

In secret private correspondence where we discussed the benefits of modeling the game on Pinky and the Brain episodes, he claims he is "having fun." Heck, I used to think whackin' out TSQL and C# was fun, but my company never let me code for games.

I say if Mickey's still having fun, he's not working hard enough! Let's march on the castle with scythes and pitchforks (and torches, even) and demand more features! Yes! More, I say!

Now, back to my regularly scheduled sanity . . .

aravan
09-13-2005, 02:29 PM
rasqual, you are unique indeed!!! :lol:

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 02:29 PM
I say if Mickey's still having fun, he's not working hard enough! Let's march on the castle with scythes and pitchforks (and torches, even) and demand more features! Yes! More, I say!

hahaha LOL

We demand he stops having fun creating this game ;) :P

rasqual
09-13-2005, 04:02 PM
No, no! An optimal code production effort requires a modicum of happiness. He needs to increase his workload to just shy of misery (thus maximizing or, possibly, optimizing the dev cycle). The coding needs to remain his most pleasant experience in life, too. We could arrange, for example, other miseries which would drive him to what fun in coding we leave intact. For example, we might bribe his girlfriend to go away for a grad program at a foreign university, or, if he's married, compel his wife (with lavish gifts supplied by what shall become this world's Skull and Bones society) to offer unappetizing meals, driving him to the solitude of his code shack with delivered pizza in hand (as befits any ubergeek). However, I shall not elaborate; I've already divulged more of the conspiracy than I'd intended. ;-)

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 04:10 PM
No, no! An optimal code production effort requires a modicum of happiness. He needs to increase his workload to just shy of misery (thus maximizing or, possibly, optimizing the dev cycle). The coding needs to remain his most pleasant experience in life, too. We could arrange, for example, other miseries which would drive him to what fun in coding we leave intact. For example, we might bribe his girlfriend to go away for a grad program at a foreign university, or, if he's married, compel his wife (with lavish gifts supplied by what shall become this world's Skull and Bones society) to offer unappetizing meals, driving him to the solitude of his code shack with delivered pizza in hand (as befits any ubergeek). However, I shall not elaborate; I've already divulged more of the conspiracy than I'd intended. ;-)

hahahahaha LMAO

Beezer
09-13-2005, 05:50 PM
...or, if he's married, compel his wife (with lavish gifts supplied by what shall become this world's Skull and Bones society) to offer unappetizing meals, driving him to the solitude of his code shack with delivered pizza in hand (as befits any ubergeek).

That's your best bet, because his wife can flat out cook.

turbok2
09-13-2005, 06:30 PM
Well, seems like I've been utterly demolished. gg.

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 07:08 PM
You're kidding me?
How many armies did you have in your cities?

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 07:10 PM
Oh never mind...I see Nilla got to you.
But my advice: always make sure you have at least 20.000 troops in each cities. And that's a minimum. Aim for 50.000 or more if you want to hold on to it. And a nuke shield.

rasqual
09-13-2005, 08:40 PM
Well, seems like I've been utterly demolished. gg.
As pledged, 'twas not the allies. ;-)

turbok2
09-13-2005, 08:52 PM
Oh never mind...I see Nilla got to you.
But my advice: always make sure you have at least 20.000 troops in each cities. And that's a minimum. Aim for 50.000 or more if you want to hold on to it. And a nuke shield.

scuse me? is that.. Twenty-Thousand? Aim for Fifty-Thousand? How in god's name do I get that? Spending hours collecting jewels one by one? Cause its impossible to get cotton/oil/diamonds nowadays...

elk-tamer
09-13-2005, 09:06 PM
scuse me? is that.. Twenty-Thousand? Aim for Fifty-Thousand? How in god's name do I get that? Spending hours collecting jewels one by one? Cause its impossible to get cotton/oil/diamonds nowadays...
If I have any less than 80k in a city, Nilla walks over me. If you're not scripting, it's virtually impossible.

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 09:12 PM
I have 80.000 in one city and I don't script. And I'm also not hurting my hand finding jewels. Just doing it inbetween my work here.
It's not THAT hard.
Also I can only buy diamond mines.

rasqual
09-13-2005, 10:55 PM
I've had little time to do much but look into the heart of darkness ("the horror . . . ") from time to time, and indeed the numbers have risen a lot.

I think I'll have to put an uberscript into play. The question isn't as much how to do it, as how to implement it. Personally, I think it could be implemented as a "karma engine," not only collecting jewels and converting 'em into geos at a frenetic pace, but more importantly doing a "regulate!" function on the bellicose warlords who're thuggin' 'round these parts of late. Automated annihilation and the like.

LOL

I don't have time for that either. Bother.

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 11:05 PM
Ok, simple question:

Is the new jewel code entry safe for scripters or doesn't it matter at all?

Stanley
09-13-2005, 11:11 PM
Ok, simple question:

Is the new jewel code entry safe for scripters or doesn't it matter at all?

Please translate this into 1, 2, or 3

(1) Is the new code entry easier for scripters?

(2) Is the new code entry possible for scripters to break?

(3) Does it matter at all if we have code entry because scripters will simply OCR it till it goes BOING?

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 11:17 PM
Ok, here goes ;) :

(1) Is the new code entry easier for scripters?

(2) Is the new code entry possible for scripters to break?

(3) Does it matter at all if we have code entry because scripters will simply OCR it till it goes BOING?

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 11:18 PM
and would like to add a nr 4:

Would it help if we had the letters back and have some turn 90 degrees and have some stripes in it?

Stanley
09-13-2005, 11:25 PM
lol

I'm now confused.

Lemme sum up though:

A simple OCR application can auto-script for jewels already.

Making it numbers only makes it a lot easier.

Would it help if we had the letters back and have some turn 90 degrees and have some stripes in it?

Probably. That'd be really hard to break without some major manipulation.

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Ok...so for the non-scripters it will be a little more tough mining for jewels when we have letters who are turned and stripes in it...
But for the scripters it will really make it tough and maybe for some impossible.
I would go for that.
When the game comes out of Beta you should have a system which is near to impossible to break.

rod
09-14-2005, 12:14 AM
hey is it just me or does everyone else hate nilly?

rod
09-14-2005, 12:15 AM
:D i mean nilla

Mickey
09-14-2005, 12:16 AM
Stanley - can you still do the codes with OCR? I've mixed fonts and angles, as well as throwing in more dots and a couple lines. :)

elk-tamer
09-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Stanley - can you still do the codes with OCR? I've mixed fonts and angles, as well as throwing in more dots and a couple lines. :)
It has stopped my OCR script.

elk-tamer
09-14-2005, 12:40 AM
hey is it just me or does everyone else hate nilly?
I think "fear" is a better description.

rod
09-14-2005, 12:47 AM
ya dats wat i meant :shock:

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 12:52 AM
Just in case there's always someone who knows how to crack it...
How about putting in a very large maximum of jewels you can collect each day? So that scripters can't go into the absurd?

rod
09-14-2005, 12:55 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:whine: it's my only income :whine:

rod
09-14-2005, 12:56 AM
but you do have a point

Stanley
09-14-2005, 01:00 AM

oiiiyyyyy
that's a little more difficult to beat.

I'm working on it :)

we'll see.

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 01:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:whine: it's my only income :whine:

Don't worry. It's my greatest income too.
But someone who finds jewels by hand should never reach that maximum.
I said a very large maximum so someone who uses a script would never get an absurd total by letting it auto-script day and night.
Just do your best one day and see what is the maximum you can find in one day. I'll do that myself too.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 01:12 AM
A few more changes:

1 - You can now hold a max of 50 jewels (unless you have more already).
2 - More anti-OCR garbage thrown in. One additional line and more skewing on the numbers.

anthonywitt
09-14-2005, 02:01 AM
So its his bedtime and thats the best time for a overthrow. Go get him Rasqual.

rasqual
09-14-2005, 02:41 AM
Hmm. Good obfuscation. It definitely narrows the gap, but ironically keeps the advantage of faster (well, slower faster) jewel collection open to MORE people (those who can script the location & image fetching and code entry input, but not the OCR).

anthonywitt
09-15-2005, 07:21 AM
:D i mean nilla
Who is Nilla? Or who cares.