PDA

View Full Version : Nuke expiry

patrickf
09-13-2005, 02:11 PM
Just another quick point/request. Just wondering if it'd be possible for nuke shields not to last indefinitely?! I mean almost every city i look at has one and just cant be attacked with nukes, so thats why i've not bought any. If on the other hand a nuke shield cost maybe a bit less and only lasted for a definite period of time e.g. a week, 2 weeks then it'd keep everyone on their toes. Also if this was implemented then maybe you could still a nuke a shielded city but it halved the time remaining on the shield? e.g. a nuke on a city whose shield expires in 6 days would cause no damage to the armies inside but would half the expiry to 3 days?

Just a thought (or two ;))

great move with the taxes btw

Thanks

War_Peace
09-13-2005, 02:16 PM
It may be like this: The owner of a city with a nuke shield in place, has to pay additional tax for the nuke shield...

elk-tamer
09-13-2005, 02:22 PM
It would also be good if the nuke shields disappeared every time a city was conquered.

rasqual
09-13-2005, 02:27 PM
W_P! I'm proud of you! You're acknowleging cost for owning a city! ;-)

Hey, though. Nukes still need to be allowed only for the most advanced societies in the game. IMO, after beta the nuke feature should be such that a fresh instance of the game (everyone starting over) shouldn't see nukes on the planet for months, at least. Seriously.

Lukepuuk
09-13-2005, 02:31 PM
W_P! I'm proud of you! You're acknowleging cost for owning a city! ;-)

Hey, though. Nukes still need to be allowed only for the most advanced societies in the game. IMO, after beta the nuke feature should be such that a fresh instance of the game (everyone starting over) shouldn't see nukes on the planet for months, at least. Seriously.

Agree. They will have to be infented again through science.
Only by playing long, hard and good should you be able to buy nukes.
The idea of having to own at least city was already a good start.
Enough with players just bombing around for fun without any reason ;)

patrickf
09-13-2005, 02:35 PM
Agree. They will have to be invented again through science.
Only by playing long, hard and good should you be able to buy nukes.

I like the sound of that. It shouldnt be possibly for every tom, richard and harry to own them!! Work hard, play hard!

rasqual
09-13-2005, 03:50 PM
I think Mickey should do it like the Oklahomah land grab. Really. Everyone gets to pick which pole to start from, and Mickey blows the bugle. And they're off!

see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dominion_Lands_Act for Canada

http://www.library.cornell.edu/Reps/DOCS/landrush.htm for Oklahoma