PDA

View Full Version : Wells, Fields, Mines

Brendo
09-13-2005, 02:38 PM
I have 3 cotton fields. Only two are active. I think that the main GEWar page ("Your Info" bar) should say how many active Fields, Mines, Wells, you have.
eg. Currently it says Cotton Fields: 3, maybe it should say Cotton Fields: 3 (2) or something along those lines.

Mickey
09-13-2005, 02:54 PM
Good idea. What I was planning on doing was allowing people to remove their expired mines, which would pretty much accomplish the same thing.

Better yet, should expired mines/wells/etc just disappear? Or maybe a day or two after they expire they disappear?

Brendo
09-13-2005, 02:58 PM
Better yet, should expired mines/wells/etc just disappear? Or maybe a day or two after they expire they disappear?

They should probably disappear by themselves two days (enough time to pack up and leave the area ;) ) after they expire. This will free up space for others to start their own new mines/wells/etc in the space.

blitzkrieg
09-13-2005, 10:55 PM
Does this mean that once someone has bought a mine they can wait to replenish it after it expires before anyone else gets the chance??

If true, this makes it REALLY hard for a newbie to get non jewel income because there is no space left in the fields and some older users can keep replenishing their multiple mines within two days of them expiring (or whatever the time limit is). Just how can a newbie catch up then?

I believe they should disappear the instant the expire..... Jeez I wasted my time scouting the fields in the early days...

Mickey
09-13-2005, 11:30 PM
When they expire, they disappear from the map and they're free game for everyone. The only reason I've kept them viewable for the owner is so they can keep track of what they had. Not sure that's needed...

blitzkrieg
09-14-2005, 05:56 AM
Well that's fine that they are available for anyone the moment they expire, that's what I assume whould be the case. No problem. Although the exchange rates are a little low...