PDA

View Full Version : what of this "NILLA"

rod
09-14-2005, 12:26 AM
dis' nilla guy is real pain in the *ss I'm a noob:teeth: (ouch) and I had the misfortune of attacking nilla with umm.. 900 troopsya i know but honestly! 169,000 troops in one army! OMG!

I think i'll stay away from him for awhile :brick:

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 12:31 AM
dis' nilla guy is real pain in the *ss I'm a noob:teeth: (ouch) and I had the misfortune of attacking nilla with umm.. 900 troopsya i know but honestly! 169,000 troops in one army! OMG!

I think i'll stay away from him for awhile :brick:

LOL

He must be one great 'script' writer.
As i said in another topic today.
At the new code entry for the jewels it might be better to put the letters back instead of numbers only...and turn them around in random. Some 90 degrees and some 45 and put some more stripes in it.
Should make it near to impossible to cheat anymore.

rod
09-14-2005, 12:34 AM
ya I read that thread. and I think he must be scripting cuz he's the top player in the players list

rasqual
09-14-2005, 02:30 AM
LOL

He must be one great 'script' writer.
As i said in another topic today.
At the new code entry for the jewels it might be better to put the letters back instead of numbers only...and turn them around in random. Some 90 degrees and some 45 and put some more stripes in it.
Should make it near to impossible to cheat anymore.

No. It merely reduces the number of scripters. You can roll your own OCR when the pattern's predictable.

Mickey, you won't defeat it without more variable orthography, not to mention luminance and hue variation. Obfuscation's a heckuva challenge.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 03:15 AM
...hue variation...
Such as it has now? :)

Obfuscation's a heckuva challenge.
Yes indeed. Think of all of the cool stuff I could be building if I didn't have to deal with this garbage...

rasqual
09-14-2005, 03:58 AM
Such as it has now? :)

Yes indeed. Think of all of the cool stuff I could be building if I didn't have to deal with this garbage...

Aack! My eyes!

Hey, dude. at this point, how about stringing brief clips together and just downloading wav files that read the numbers? You know, the:

<BGSOUND SRC="dude!.wav">

thing? Again, build the file on the server side, and include some random clip ellision before concatenation stuff, so MD5 couldn't be done on a full enumeration of permutations (it wouldn't take anything to build a library of such, if you didn't do this, and exploit that to script it).

Now, here's the trick. You do this ON TOP OF the embedded-in-CDATA method I've suggested a couple times. So in the GE UI, you click one of a half-dozen random links, AND then the user waits for a wav, and enters what's read in the text box and sends.

Eh?

You could even offer words, not just characters. Seriously.

And if you want to be ADA compliant, you offer an option for either way.

Brendo
09-14-2005, 05:00 AM
Aack! My eyes!

Atleast it is easier to see then black and white with lines and dots. :whoa:

Why is Nilla abandoning all his posts?!?!?!?

Look at all those unoccupied cities :shock:

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 12:02 PM
Way better.
For me it's even better to see and i predict it's a little harder for scripters.

Corporal
09-15-2005, 12:32 AM
I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing 1's and 7's and 3's and 8's in the new verification thingy. =|

Mickey
09-15-2005, 02:23 AM
I sometimes have a hard time distinguishing 1's and 7's and 3's and 8's in the new verification thingy. =|

Yeah, me too. Of course, that means it's hard for OCR systems to distinguish them too. :)

I'll keep tweaking it until I find a good balance.

Nilla
09-15-2005, 05:11 AM
larger image

pro's: easier to read, harder to ocr(kinda)

con's: more bandwidth.

anthonywitt
09-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Nilla what do you men by "kinda". You been cheating?

anthonywitt
09-15-2005, 06:58 AM
I like the new "verification thingy" it keeps "kinda" from......The colors are nice.

Brendo
09-15-2005, 06:58 AM
Doesn't a higher dpi make ocr programs really slow - well take them longer anyway. Does a higher dpi also equal a bigger picture.