PDA

View Full Version : Oil, Cotton and Diamonds are a little easier to get

Mickey
09-14-2005, 03:32 AM
I have made two changes to help more people get their hands on oil wells, diamond mines and cotton fields.

First, I have limited it to one of any particular resource every 36 hours, instead of one every 24 hours.

Second, I have changed the setting on how far apart the resources need to be, and they can now be packed in a little tighter. Not a lot tighter, but you should be able to squeeze a few more in there.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 03:37 AM
One side effect of having more resources gathered - Atlanta, Riyadh and Cape Town are all a bit more valuable... :)

birq
09-14-2005, 03:39 AM
Have you adjusted how much output come from these resources lately? The last few I've gotten (of any type) have REALLY sucked. I actually got an oil well the other day that puts out 10 barrels of oil per day. I'd pay extra to make sure I didn't get a dripper like that.

birq
09-14-2005, 03:41 AM
First, I have limited it to one of any particular resource every 36 hours, instead of one every 24 hours.

I just bought a well and a field and they both have a 24-hour countdown.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 03:48 AM
Have you adjusted how much output come from these resources lately? The last few I've gotten (of any type) have REALLY sucked. I actually got an oil well the other day that puts out 10 barrels of oil per day.
I haven't tweaked those numbers lately, as they seem to be averaging out pretty well.

I'd pay extra to make sure I didn't get a dripper like that.
That's a great idea right there.

I just bought a well and a field and they both have a 24-hour countdown.
Ahh! I had updated the KML files (which is really what matters), but hadn't updated the "Your Oil Wells" (and related) pages. Fixed now?

birq
09-14-2005, 03:50 AM
That's a great idea right there.

I wish I could take credit for it. I can't remember who threw that one out there since it was so long ago.

Ahh! I had updated the KML files (which is really what matters), but hadn't updated the "Your Oil Wells" (and related) pages. Fixed now?

Blast. I don't know about "fixed" since I liked it better with a 24-hour countdown, but it shows up correctly now :)

Mickey
09-14-2005, 03:58 AM
Blast. I don't know about "fixed" since I liked it better with a 24-hour countdown, but it shows up correctly now :)

Well, it would have been more frustrating if I had left it half-converted, as you would have watched your countdown get to zero, fire up the KML file only to discover that it was going to make you wait another 12 hours... :)

birq
09-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Well, it would have been more frustrating if I had left it half-converted, as you would have watched your countdown get to zero, fire up the KML file only to discover that it was going to make you wait another 12 hours...

Yeah, I was just hoping that I had snuck one last 24-hour wait period in before you changed it. :)

Brendo
09-14-2005, 04:34 AM
... but you should be able to squeeze a few more in there.

Does that mean the exchange rate is going to drop more?

Mickey
09-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Does that mean the exchange rate is going to drop more?

In theory, yes. However, I'll be going and raising all of the rates to compensate. :)

War_Peace
09-14-2005, 11:44 AM
The .kml files are working fine now. I assume, u made some nice modifications...

bueth
09-14-2005, 08:47 PM
just to let you know, on the information pages for the oil wells, the cotton fields and diamond mines is still written that you can build one every 24 hours.

greets

Mickey
09-14-2005, 08:50 PM
The .kml files are working fine now. I assume, u made some nice modifications...
Actually, other than the 36 hour thing, I haven't tweaked them in a couple weeks.

just to let you know, on the information pages for the oil wells, the cotton fields and diamond mines is still written that you can build one every 24 hours.
Good catch. Fixed. Thanks!

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 11:26 AM
Why don't you make all those things last for 1 week and that quota like 12 hours or 6 hours maybe? This will maintain balance. The people spending more hours would be rewarded and the newcomers would catch up...