PDA

View Full Version : 3Dsolar

3dsolar
09-14-2005, 08:30 AM
We have submitted two times a KML and it has been refused both time with different reasons the first time the KML was not working, then the KML was freezing GE because of too much maps loaded at same time !

http://www.3dsolar.com/ge/3dsolar.kml

But if you were reading the WARNING published with the kml you would see that you cant activate all maps together you select Modis or USGS etc (see below)

If you read the GE bbs thread you will see that people really love it with with (6604 downloads) :
http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/52813/an/0/page/1

"3Dsolar Ltd addons folder for Google Earth !

Version 1.5 !

- USGS ortho 1 meter for the United States
- USGS topo
- Landast 7 in IR band 3 is nice to see earth land temperature.
- Mosaic of daily TERRA & AQUA images released by the MODIS Rapid Response System Updates every day, at about 1200Z, with images taken during the previous day. Data resolution is 7 arcseconds per pixel.
- Modis rapid System
- Global IR cloud map 10km
- Current weather (beta)
- Forecast weather (beta)

Dont need to download this kml again for new release, this script will be automatically updated with new addons.

Last addition: Currentweather (beta)

PS: If you receive a "failed" message maybe our server is down for few minutes so try again later.

WARNING: First select the checkbox infront of this networklink, after few seconds the selection will be automatically deactivated and you will be able to double click the networklink and browse all options and subfolders. "

Beezer
09-14-2005, 12:49 PM
3D -
I actually denied the file the second time. The reason I denied is because when I opened the file initially, it froze GE and crashed my entire system. I rebooted and tried to open it again and again it killed my computer. I didn't even get the chance to pick which map I wanted to look at, so I am quite certain that it wasn't freezing from trying to load too many maps.

Submit it again, and I'll take a look at it. If it kills my computer again, I'll get Mickey or one of the other mods to try and open it and get it approved.

Thanks,
Beezer

porschetuner
09-14-2005, 01:47 PM
3D -
I actually denied the file the second time. The reason I denied is because when I opened the file initially, it froze GE and crashed my entire system. I rebooted and tried to open it again and again it killed my computer. I didn't even get the chance to pick which map I wanted to look at, so I am quite certain that it wasn't freezing from trying to load too many maps.

Submit it again, and I'll take a look at it. If it kills my computer again, I'll get Mickey or one of the other mods to try and open it and get it approved.

Thanks,
Beezer
I have the same problem. My GE freezes if I opens this kml .
Is not fine

Steeefan
09-14-2005, 02:51 PM
I have no problem opening the .kml but no matter which detail I want to be shown, GE always reports 'Could not load image:'.

3dsolar
09-14-2005, 04:16 PM
The first time you check the box of the 3Dsolar networklink you will fill it with all sub folders and layers then it will uncheck automatically the select box, at that time do not check the box again or it will activate all sub directories, just double click on the netowrklink directory to open it and seee whats inside. Then for example you can activate the global map (its just one map) or you can check the box of Modis and it will display all icons on your map with last 90 days events detected but do not check again the select box of the subfolders but click on the icon to see just below in the layer list the associated layer then you can check it to be display. (Do not activate a directory before you have check whats inside)

Steeefan
09-14-2005, 07:50 PM
Only 'US Navy Cloud top' is working for me, the rest is not. I wont approve the file until this is fixed. I acted excactly like you suggested above.

Now your file killed my GE....

3dsolar
09-14-2005, 08:52 PM
Froget maybe one day you will understand how it works, or maybe I did not know how to expalin you well how to use it.

I wont submit it again if one day you change your mind you will be able to download it from the official Google Earth BBS or use the link above in this thread.

Sorry for the Inconvenience.

Stanley
09-14-2005, 08:59 PM
The file from their site worked fine.

You need to zoom in for most of them to work, and click refresh.

cheers

Steeefan
09-14-2005, 09:04 PM
No no, I'm sorry. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong there. I approved the file, here's the link: http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile7423/3Dsolar.htm

3dsolar
09-14-2005, 09:14 PM
See pic below 1 is with Modis activated you can see all icons, you ca n also see the global IR map (see clouds over globe), then pic 3 show over the states (lat 42.758085 long -96.958081) the best resolution from GE, and with the layer USGS 1 meter (pic2 B&W) you see how much we can improve the quality, i took all theses images after you said its not working and I need to fix it.

PS: most of files comes automatically after 4 seconds of inactivity when you are not moving your position.

RKR
09-14-2005, 09:45 PM
I have just downloaded the file and had the same experience as many before me: GE crashed (it said: abnormal termination of program). Something must be wrong and conflicting somewhere.

Hope you will try to solve the problems.

Steeefan
09-15-2005, 03:39 AM
Ah..I'm getting into this now....

3dsolar
09-15-2005, 01:20 PM
Hi its missing a part of the submission message and specially the warning !

The full text is:

Version 1.5 !

- USGS ortho 1 meter for the United States
- USGS topo
- Landast 7 in IR band 3 is nice to see earth land temperature.
- Mosaic of daily TERRA & AQUA images released by the MODIS Rapid Response System Updates every day, at about 1200Z, with images taken during the previous day. Data resolution is 7 arcseconds per pixel.
- Modis rapid System
- Global IR cloud map 10km
- Current weather (beta)
- Forecast weather (beta)

Dont need to download this kml again for new release, this script will be automatically updated with new addons.

Last addition: Currentweather (beta)

PS: If you receive a "failed" message maybe our server is down for few minutes so try again later.

WARNING: First select the checkbox infront of this networklink, after few seconds the selection will be automatically deactivated and you will be able to double click the networklink and browse all options and subfolders. "

Thanks

3dsolar
09-20-2005, 09:26 AM
Sorry everything is fine we saw the end of the comment on the next page.
Thanks

Steeefan
09-20-2005, 02:32 PM
No problem. I'm happy that we settled with all the problems and that the file's online now.