PDA

View Full Version : Resources

War_Peace
09-14-2005, 11:49 AM
When you create a new mine/well/field it may last like months...

I say, they should last 1 week tops. This way, it will be easier for all of us to purchase new mines/wells/fields and we can use our Geos quicker... Of course, rates should be increased too...

Mickey
09-14-2005, 02:10 PM
When you create a new mine/well/field it may last like months...

I say, they should last 1 week tops. This way, it will be easier for all of us to purchase new mines/wells/fields and we can use our Geos quicker... Of course, rates should be increased too...

I may make some moves toward that, although I doubt I'll make them that short. Maybe cut the possible length in half, but then double the rate. Hmmm...

War_Peace
09-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Don't doubt, don't doubt :)

It will be really handy to use the extra Geos quicker and those new comers will be able to take part more often...

1 week.......

rasqual
09-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Hey, two choices. A "cheap well" and an "expensive well." No problem. Some people want long-term investments, some want to get in and out.

I also think the rate of production for any resource should not, in all cases, be an identical rate every day. Some fluctuation would be cool. The way it is now, you can predict the future based on the present -- perfectly. You can know exactly how much of the resource you'll have on any given future date -- though due to the laws of supply and demand (I don't know if the demand side is adequately tweaked, yet), it's impossible to know the geo yield.

Imagine an oil well starting out at a high yield (as they do), but trailing off over time. True, wells would start out with different yields -- but how long they last would also be variable, and not necessarily in keeping with their initial yield. Some big gushers might last a long time -- or not. Some little squeakers might last a long time -- or not. I think there's a problem just now with being able to deterministically spreadsheet your future circumstance perfectly. Reality dictates the injection of some vicissitudes, IMO.

Cotton's a bit different, and diamonds too. Perhaps if you're mining diamonds, you'll end up with an inconsequential little hole in the ground, and all of a sudden you'll find a pocket with some serious ice in it.