PDA

View Full Version : Diamonds

anthonywitt
09-14-2005, 02:38 PM
Mickey you have made it hard for us to compete with the owners of jewel producing cities by only allowing one diamond mine every 36 hours. I Think this should have been done from the start of the addition of the diamond field. Where is the balance? You own one of these cities. Need I say more.

I wonder what others think about this bias move on your part. No dissrespect intended but be fair.

You are doing a great job with this game so the above comment was hard it say.

War_Peace
09-14-2005, 02:48 PM
I was like "Jewel producing cities!!?..." and then "Yes, ok. Those special bonus cities..." Just a little catch, don't be confused...

Mickey
09-14-2005, 02:53 PM
The idea is to make it easier for everyone to have a shot at getting a diamond mine (or oil well, or cotton field). I see your point about the bonus cities becoming more valuable, though. Should I maybe decrease the rate a little bit - maybe to 3%? Or should we just live with the fact that they're more valuable and therefore harder to keep control of?

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 03:08 PM
I think the last one. This pumps up the competition.

Beezer
09-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Should I maybe decrease the rate a little bit - maybe to 3%? Or should we just live with the fact that they're more valuable and therefore harder to keep control of?
Keep it the way it is. To balance it out a bit, you can build other things into the game (like the tax revenue) that make other cities as valuable as the 3 bonus cities are now. This will keep people from concentrating all their attacks on 3 cities and require them to be more strategic in their attempts to conquer cities.