PDA

View Full Version : how do I Delete my account?

Stanley
09-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Is that possible?
Don't do it for me, but it should be possible :)

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 06:04 PM
But maybe the name should be attached to the IP adress...so people donīt just delete accounts and come back under a different name(because of personal wars or such)

Stanley
09-14-2005, 06:07 PM
But maybe the name should be attached to the IP adress...so people donīt just delete accounts and come back under a different name(because of personal wars or such)

I was thinking so I could replace my base.

I'd lose everything, but it'd be worth it to have a new base.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Currently, it can't be done. The user data is simply extra fields tacked on to your forums user account. The only way to really delete the account would be to remove the user account from the forums. However, that would likely leave orphan armies, cities, etc, hanging around on the map.

I'll write a proper script to handle this when I get a chance. :)

Stanley
09-14-2005, 06:27 PM
Just another beta item that needs to be handled. :)

rasqual
09-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Currently, it can't be done. The user data is simply extra fields tacked on to your forums user account. The only way to really delete the account would be to remove the user account from the forums. However, that would likely leave orphan armies, cities, etc, hanging around on the map.

I'll write a proper script to handle this when I get a chance. :)

Cascade deletes, dude. Wait . . . mySQL . . . oh. ;-)

anthonywitt
09-15-2005, 07:38 AM
Cascade deletes, dude. Wait . . . mySQL . . . oh. ;-)
Rasqual, I love your wit. Need it after a taliban rocket attack on the base. War in the real world and on the web. Keep up the wittie comments.

Being able to change or move bases would be nice. Dont ask me how I am only good at mega voltage grids created by mega generators in combat zones.

rasqual
09-15-2005, 03:26 PM
Currently, it can't be done.

You can check out any time you like
But you can never leave!

LOL

palau
09-16-2005, 05:43 PM
I was thinking so I could replace my base.

I'd lose everything, but it'd be worth it to have a new base.

This calls for a new feature! What about being able to move your base for X amount of Geos?

Just an idea.
- palau

Mickey
09-16-2005, 08:03 PM
This calls for a new feature! What about being able to move your base for X amount of Geos?

That exact feature is in the works. Any thoughts on what a fair price would be?

War_Peace
09-16-2005, 08:46 PM
It really varies. I would say... 250Geos maybe? (as shields...)

Or, 150Geos: Nukes - 250Geos: Nuke shields - 350Geos: Home-base transport??

palau
09-17-2005, 11:34 PM
Yes, some price like this would be OK I guess.

I think we should limit it in time, like the resources. Once a month should be enough.

michael fontenot
09-18-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't think it should be a set price to move the home base, it should be calculated by the distance.Also the length of time in between movements should be at least 6 weeks, with all of the changes and additions on this game the people with the money will constantly be moving thier base to more strategic locations ie. riyahd, atlanta etc...

palau
09-19-2005, 11:55 AM
what about not being able to buy new armies while the movement takes place? It should indeed depend on the distance, but maybe just twice as slow as normal troop movement.