PDA

View Full Version : One step toward pre-emptive strikes

Mickey
09-14-2005, 06:26 PM
I'm starting to work on giving you the ability to attack armies that are sitting outside of a city. The first step was to create a page that shows which armies are outside of a city. That is now done. If you view the details of a city (like Atlanta (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/war/city.php?city=2)) you can click on the text of "there are x armies outside this city" and "there are x armies on their way to this city".

The next step will be to allow you to attack the armies outside of a city if:
A - You are in the city
B - You are also outside that city with them

Soon, soon.

War_Peace
09-14-2005, 06:32 PM
Ok, I changed this entry so much that I am tired.

One thing for certain: Military clashes can occur in the cities, around the cities and in the home bases...

But, what about around the bases? I guess, it should be prevented...

Mickey
09-14-2005, 06:48 PM
Ok, I changed this entry so much that I am tired.

One thing for certain: Military clashes can occur in the cities, around the cities and in the home bases...

But, what about around the bases? I guess, it should be prevented...

You can now view who is on their way to a base and who is outside of it. Soon, you'll be able to attack them as well. There should be no place that an army can hide forever.

War_Peace
09-14-2005, 07:13 PM
There has to be a way. Escaping has to be an option too.

Timmetie
09-14-2005, 07:23 PM
if the army makes it to france it can surrender and you get ur money back?

*this statement does not have anything to do with Timmetie inc. i've never heard it, dont know how it got here, whats France?*

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 07:26 PM
I think there should be a safe place to escape. What about if you go on vacation for 2 weeks? You come back and have nothing left.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 07:53 PM
I think there should be a safe place to escape. What about if you go on vacation for 2 weeks? You come back and have nothing left.

If you put the armies in your home base, they're essentially safe there. They can't be nuked, and it's a waste of time and money for someone to come attack you.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 08:00 PM
You can now attack armies that are outside of cities!

When viewing the "which armies are outside this city" page there is an "attack" button. Click that, and your armies that are able to attack will be listed. There are two kinds of armies that can attack:

1 - Armies of yours that are also outside this city.
2 - Armies of yours that are currently occupying the city.

It may be a bit buggy, so let me know what happens. Once it's stable, I'll work on the "attack armies outside bases" stuff.

Lukepuuk
09-14-2005, 08:07 PM
Wow you did that fast.
It's great. Now i can finally help my allies.

Mickey
09-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Now i can finally help my allies.
That was one of my main reasons for doing this. Allies can now REALLY help each other out.

Stanley
09-14-2005, 08:12 PM
this adds a whole new side to defending
you can now pro-actively defend your cities from people
just have to be at the computer at the right time.

nice!

Mickey
09-14-2005, 08:13 PM
this adds a whole new side to defending
you can now pro-actively defend your cities from people
just have to be at the computer at the right time.

nice!

Glad you like it. :)

This thread is now closed, as I created a semi-official annoucement (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2375) about this so that people don't miss it.