PDA

View Full Version : City Walls?

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 05:34 AM
How's this one?

You can build city walls around cities to help tip the balance of defence of a city - in the real worls I would assume that an attacking army, more often than not, would lose more troops than the dug-in defending army. Therefore if you build city walls, similar to a nuke shield, then you can up your defensive roll score by say 20 - 50%. When a city is taken over, I believe you should have to rebuild the wall because you must have breached it to win the city.

The bigger the city the larger the wall therefore costs more? Maybe, maybe not.

Also give a preemptive strike a higher chance at victory because of their "surprise aspect"

And maybe if an army has been stationary for a while the advantage for the pre-emptive strike could disappear because they have had their chance to dig in.

Oh, one more. Again if an army sits at a city for a while the wall effect can be negated aswell because you can assume they have had time to sabotage the walls or subvert the citizens......

Blitzkrieg

(I just lost my Sydney to Stan the Man)
(Easy come easy go I suppose)
(back to jewel hunting for me)
(...)

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 06:52 AM
Also Home Base defence should be at 100% bonus (1000 troop equivalent to 2000 troop) because all your fundamentalist loyal civilian supporters would take up arms to help defend and you have a massive home ground and terrain advantage.

rasqual
09-15-2005, 03:24 PM
Interesting. It'd be an incentive to have air forces.

I agree that different kinds of defenses could get interesting.

Although it would be imposing an artificial constraint that''d be a bit un-real, it'd be fun to see what would happen if occupying powers were forced to choose between mutually exclusive defense options -- e.g., walls OR AAA batteries.

LOL -- Mickey, I just had a thought. Dude. You're at the point where you seriously need to construct a simulation engine and run it on an off-line server, so you can test ideas before implementing 'em. Furthermore, you need to store every transaction in the live game, so you can "play it back" in the test world. And furthermore furthermore, you need to come up with transforms that intelligently alter what ACTUALLY happened in the live game, into actions that players would likely perform in the alternative world of your sim system with features under test in play.

Two days, sir. ;-)