PDA

View Full Version : So much for hard work

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 10:45 AM
I lost Sydney a little while ago to Stanley. I sent a small token force to check if maybe he left it fairly weakly defended .... 87 000 troops defending the city!!!!

I worked hard collecting jewels and withstanding a few attacks by other fair players only to have my piggy bank raped by this attack.

I hear he's been playing without cheating for a while, but clearly this is a fruit of the script, I did a timed flat out jewel hunt and managed 34 jewels in a 10 minute period. 87000 troops at .75 geos per 10 troops is 11600geos which would need 5155 jewels. At 34 jewels per 10 minutes, that is 25 and a quarter hours absolutely flat out collecting jewels and of course that is only my Personal Best so clearly it is more like a 1 week fairly consistent effort at absolute best. Also take into account I had a force of nearly 7000 hard earned troops defending the city, so add that to his stack which he must've lost to get the city in the first place.

I'm all for Stanley testing the system to find weaknesses but once he finds them and reports them, he shouldn't be allowed to continue exploiting them. Or at least not attack the bread and butter players that are doing it the fair way.

Steam officially let off now.

Blitzkrieg

Lukepuuk
09-15-2005, 11:18 AM
I wish I could script :P

But on the other hand...I have to do it the fair way but when I'm occupying a city I try to keep the defense around 80.000troops as well.

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 11:49 AM
Hmmm, good to know. I don't think I'll have quite the commitment to create an army that large let alone have it sitting there doing nothing.

And again with resources near on impossible to get and there conversion rate not worth writing home about, there is little else to do but jewel hunt and that is mind numbingly boring after a while and the colours are giving me a headache....

This game is inaccessible to a newbie.

Maybe a tiered system of warfare can be looked at - Division 1 continent, Division 2 continent, etc. Keep the big boys and the wet feeters separated

Lukepuuk
09-15-2005, 11:55 AM
I try to do that already. I'm trying not to attack newbies unless they attack allies.
At this moment I'm putting more into defense then offense.
But the game is fairly new so to my opinion there are just newbies and almost newbies here ;)
Since yesterday there are also enough resources again.
Enough oil wells, cotton plants and diamond mines.
I think for almost everyone they had already run into inactive so that makes it equal again.
Only those who have scripted in the past should have an advantage but that won't last forever.
In the last few days Mickey alone took out more then 300.000 troops of Stanley.

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 11:58 AM
"wet feeter" Is there even a thing called that?

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 12:03 PM
"wet feeter" Is there even a thing called that?

Compare someone diving of the 10m board at the pool with someone wading in the baby pool.

a wet feeter wants to play but can't commit to 87,000 troop creation (or more obviously). There is nowhere he can go to play without getting splashed by the divers (to keep the analogy going).

My boredom is growing, I'm spending more time in the forum than playing the game.

Great concept, but terminal gameplay bugs still at the moment (especially once a world is established for a while and you try to come on board later on)

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 01:21 PM
I understand your boredom and that you made it(wet feeter) up yourself. Nice creativity though...

rasqual
09-15-2005, 03:09 PM
I hear he's been playing without cheating for a while, but clearly this is a fruit of the script, I did a timed flat out jewel hunt and managed 34 jewels in a 10 minute period. 87000 troops at .75 geos per 10 troops is 11600geos which would need 5155 jewels. At 34 jewels per 10 minutes, that is 25 and a quarter hours absolutely flat out collecting jewels and of course that is only my Personal Best so clearly it is more like a 1 week fairly consistent effort at absolute best. Also take into account I had a force of nearly 7000 hard earned troops defending the city, so add that to his stack which he must've lost to get the city in the first place.;-)

Good analysis. I've been doing those on the fly myself, emitting low whistles at his OCR prowess.

I strongly suspect the OCR days are over. OCR obviates presence, and lets scripters sleep. Though it's still possible to greatly accelerate jewel collection with a good script, without OCR as an element of that I think presence is necessary -- and not even efficient scripters want to spend a lot of time collecting jewels.

FWIW

elk-tamer
09-15-2005, 03:49 PM
;-)

Good analysis. I've been doing those on the fly myself, emitting low whistles at his OCR prowess.

I strongly suspect the OCR days are over. OCR obviates presence, and lets scripters sleep. Though it's still possible to greatly accelerate jewel collection with a good script, without OCR as an element of that I think presence is necessary -- and not even efficient scripters want to spend a lot of time collecting jewels.

FWIW

The other thing about scripters is that they, like all good programmers, are very lazy. I don't think it would be particularly hard to write OCR code to read the current images, but it's a hassle to keep writing new code every few days.

I still think the jewel collecting is a miserable part of game play, and should be replaced by a set of daily or weekly choices to tweak your industries' outputs.

Stanley
09-15-2005, 03:56 PM
man... you can have sydney back.

you make me feel bad 4 doing well.

:(

I'm sending everyone home.

I'll go take cities later.

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 09:57 PM
man... you can have sydney back.

you make me feel bad 4 doing well.

:(

I'm sending everyone home.

I'll go take cities later.

Sorry for the guilt trip, and thanks for abandoning.

I hope I get there in time.

Cheers
Blitzkrieg

-_-ComputerGeek-_-
09-16-2005, 02:20 AM
Man i wish you would do that about Jakarta Indonesia. I had 15,000 troops defending it, Wich is a lot for me, and he wipes me out with 100,000 :spin:
Well all i can say now is, I have no armies, no troops, and no money. Well back to the drawing board. :lol:

Geek

araT
09-16-2005, 02:43 AM
If you are all so unhappy with the top 3 why dont all of you band together, make one huge UN-like alliance and attack the hell out of him.. together you can reap your revenge, alone you have no hope in hell :spin: :)

T.

Beezer
09-16-2005, 03:07 AM
If you are all so unhappy with the top 3 why dont all of you band together, make one huge UN-like alliance and attack the hell out of him.. together you can reap your revenge, alone you have no hope in hell :spin: :)
T.
That's a good idea. But the guilt trip approach seems to have worked for now....

araT
09-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Beezer.. did we guilt trip Saddam? :lol: Go on, get him while he's down! Thats the way! :lol:

blitzkrieg
09-16-2005, 09:30 AM
That's a good idea. But the guilt trip approach seems to have worked for now....

HAHAHA - gold, thanks for the smile.

I wonder if I can guilt the world?

Beezer
09-16-2005, 02:24 PM
I wonder if I can guilt the world?
You can certainly try!

Thepenguin
09-17-2005, 01:18 AM
Beezer.. did we guilt trip Saddam? :lol: Go on, get him while he's down! Thats the way! :lol:
Not everyone is american. its the WWW not the USAWW dont use *we* use The USA

------------------------------
Keep the Guilt Comming! mabye we can guilt him into sending us some of his ill gotten gains. ;)

birq
09-17-2005, 03:15 AM

Perhaps it would be a good idea to know who you're talking about. She's not American, champ.

araT
09-17-2005, 03:29 AM

Look at my location, smartass.. I live in Australia. And I'm actually of German blood, but born in Singapore (where my parents were working on a movie at the time) I'm an internationalist.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to know who you're talking about. She's not American, champ.

Thanks, Birq :D :kiss:

T.

birq
09-17-2005, 03:30 AM
Was "champ" too condescending? It was either that or "skippy".

michael fontenot
09-17-2005, 03:36 AM
"champ" was better than smartass, Birq

War_Peace
09-17-2005, 09:46 AM
I just like people fighting, hihi...

Oooo, go on...