PDA

View Full Version : Making some sweet Geos

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 01:10 PM
Ok now, jewel hunting is an indispensable way of making Geos at the moment. After the latest changes to prevent cheating, it's even harder to collect them...
On the other hand, those mines/wells/fields are squeezing even tighter. In order to maintain a certain balance, there is a 36-hour quota. But I think this is not working at all. When you plant a field or well it may last up to 2 months or something...
"The mine will cost 50 Geos to set-up, but will produce between 30 and 2,000 carats worth of diamonds over it's lifetime!" Meaning, 4.2-280 Geos and you will get this in about 3 days or 3 weeks...
Here is what I think:
1.) Do not make a time quota but an amount quota. (You cannot have more then 5 mines...)
2.) If those mines/wells/fields last like 24 hours, players would get their Geos (4.2-280Geos or maybe 5-100Geos) really quick and newcomers could catch up. It also rewards the hour-spenders in the game...
No need to squeeze those things like ants!...

rasqual
09-15-2005, 03:05 PM
The game simply cannot work that fast. It *has* to take time. People need to be able to respond to changes effective for other players, as well as themselves. There needs to be time to think. Rash actions would inevitably follow accelerated activity in the world's markets. The issue is this: anyone can be rash -- even with a lot of time on their hands. But no one can take deliberate and carefully considered action if they have to frenetically make decisions on account of returning to the game after a night's sleep and seeing that everything has gone higgledy-piggledy.

The game needs to be slowed down, not sped up.

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 03:19 PM
Nope, this system would be just perfect. You don't think well and it surprises me. This system can be an alternative to the jewel collecting...

elk-tamer
09-15-2005, 04:00 PM
You don't think well and it surprises me.
Golden. I'm going to try that line out on a few people in the office and see how they react to it.

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 04:04 PM
:lol: LMAO

Btw: Mickey is taking some tough measures for messages so CHECK THEM!! ;)