PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Servers

g5daddy
09-15-2005, 01:11 PM
I'm new to GEWar, as in today. And I've discovered that I am the guy who was left without a chair when the music stopped playing. I'm not complaining, just reporting.

A great feature would be to run multiple games, even custom games where a clan of 10 or 20 friends could play alone. This is a feature that would be worth paying for.

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 01:19 PM
And I've discovered that I am the guy who was left without a chair when the music stopped playing.

I've also found this and had my gripe.

Another possibililty is to have "qualifier" maps where everyone is new and there aren't as many cities, if you conquer the world, you will obviously have a large army and some geos to splash around and the cred to join a bigger stakes table. If you lose, then you join another qualifier table.

It still uses the google earth, just a limitted city and increased speed version to get going. Kind of like becoming a State leader, then National leader, then RULE THE WORLD! Baby steps.

"Caeser" just ripped through my little empire and my troops only left a small scratch on his left shoulder....

Blitzkrieg

Mickey
09-15-2005, 01:39 PM
Doing that woule require some serious code re-writing, but I can see how it might be worth it.

One thing that might help is more cities. I plan on adding a TON more of them to the game, which should help spread things out and give newcomers a chance to find a little corner of the world to build up in.

blitzkrieg
09-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Could some continent at least be classified as beginner continents?

You would definitely need to be able to move home base though as logistics would be a big problem when you decide to abandon Australia/ New Zealand for the greener Asian pastures for instance.

Mickey
09-15-2005, 02:20 PM
Could some continent at least be classified as beginner continents?
That's a thought. However, I want to limit the number of places that we install artificial barriers like that, especially when "beginner" may be a hard to define term. I think that adding more cities will help, as more advanced players should have no desire to attack small cities that offer no decent rewards.

You would definitely need to be able to move home base though as logistics would be a big problem when you decide to abandon Australia/ New Zealand for the greener Asian pastures for instance.
Agreed. The ability to move your home base is coming soon.