PDA

View Full Version : Attack outside of home bases

Mickey
09-15-2005, 05:36 PM
To build on yesterday's addition of allowing you to attack armies outside of cities (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2375), you can now attack armies that are outside of home bases, as long as one of the following is true:

- You also have armies outside of that home base.
- It is your home base, and you have armies inside.

To make such an attack, simply view a user's home base page, then click on the link for "there are xx armies outside this base". Once you're on that page, you will see the option to attack.

As with all new features on here, there is the potential for some bugs, so please let me know if you encounter anything strange.

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 05:57 PM
You also have armies outside of that home base.

Cancel that one please... It leaves nowhere to take a break... Only the guy that owns the base should be able to attack...

Stanley
09-15-2005, 06:02 PM
Cancel that one please... It leaves nowhere to take a break... Only the guy that owns the base should be able to attack...

That'd be silly.

Then I could "Take a break" outside of someone elses base? That's kinda lame-o.

I agree we should be able to be protected. Maybe we pay 100 Geo's to be protected at our base for 24 hours?

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Only the guy that owns the base should be able to attack...

That'd be silly.
Then I could "Take a break" outside of someone elses base? That's kinda lame-o.

Lukepuuk
09-15-2005, 06:06 PM
Why should we cancel that?
If an ally of mine is under attack at his homebase I want to be able to protect the ally. I want to be able to attack other armies outside his base.

Don't cancel it.

War_Peace
09-15-2005, 06:08 PM
Then do this: No one can attack a player outside that player's base...

Lukepuuk
09-15-2005, 06:20 PM
There should be no place where an army can hide.
Currently one of my allies was under constant attack so I took out all his remaining armies in his home base. That was a good signal. Think it worked.

And he also moved some troops to my allies home base and next I see that I want to be able to get him there.

But perhaps for the right kind of money, you should be able to have 'vacation' in your home base for 24 hours as Stanley said.
But I think it should be more then a 100 Geo's. 100 Geo's is 10 minutes of work.

Mickey
09-15-2005, 07:39 PM
Right now, the best way to hide is to RUN. If you go from Atlanta to Riyadh, it takes many hours. During that travel, no one can touch you. You can buy yourself large chunks of time that way.

Of course, we're planning on adding mid-route attacks, but that's likely a long way off as it will be quite complex to code.

birq
09-15-2005, 11:58 PM
Right now, the best way to hide is to RUN. If you go from Atlanta to Riyadh, it takes many hours. During that travel, no one can touch you. You can buy yourself large chunks of time that way.

That must be why you have an army on the way to my home base. I KNOW you're not coming to attack me. :)

Mickey
09-16-2005, 01:36 AM
That must be why you have an army on the way to my home base. I KNOW you're not coming to attack me. :)

Oh, of course not.... ;)