PDA

View Full Version : Jewels

anthonywitt
09-16-2005, 09:04 AM
I dont think the exchange rate from jewels to geos should have changed. I know the increased exchange rate of diamonds, oil and cotton have a small increase and thats fine for those of us that have these. This is cumbersome to those still hunting jewels the old fashion way. More work.

Have we really gained anything? Well... I guess it will work out in the long run.

Now that the bank is up and running could we cash in our troops for reasons such as R&R ( for you non military people this is a vaction)? The troops could be repurchased upon return to the game.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 04:05 PM
I was planning of opening a new thread until I saw this one.
Exactly what I wanted to say.
Now the ones doing the hard work get punished. Don't forget that jewel hunting is a pain in the *behind*.
So lowering it could be the straw for people to stop playing.
You have to find jewels to have other resources...but lowering it will make it too hard, especially for newcomers.
The newbies will be wiped off the board before they can say 'To W..'
The ones playing it already have the resources.
So the only way of getting newpeople IS by increasing the jewel rates and lowering the resources. Now we have turned the other way around.
Making the rich richer, and the poor poorer.
I love the bank system though, and all the other things. I just think that the jewel decrease and resources increase is the first mistake ever here.
I really do think it will stop new players from entering the game. It would stop me if I was a newbie. It's just too tough after the measures which were really needed to stop scripting.
I'd suggest decrease resources > increase jewels.

Mickey
09-16-2005, 04:18 PM
Ok, I raised jewels back up close to where they were.

The reason for raising the rates on the other resources is so people don't need to collect jewels if they manage their money well. I don't want people to have to collect jewels.

I think that with the 36 hour limit between new wells/fields/etc, as well as the extra space in there, most players should be able to get something going fairly quickly. We'll keep tweaking the numbers until they feel about right...

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 04:23 PM
You're explanation sounds completely logic.
The only problem is new players.
They don't have the resources. And some of my allies in the game are fairly new players.
They have only one thing and that is jewel hunting. But it takes soooo long.
So even with the exchange rates as they were it would take them forever to get an army.
So thanks for raising it a little again.
I do agree with you that eventually there should be other ways then just hunting jewels. But I guess there aren't yet.
But we're getting there. The game has changed sooo much in the last week. I don't know where you find the time to do it.
Congratulations anyway. If this keeps evolving you're gonna be famous :cool: