PDA

View Full Version : Big-Bug

Stanley
09-16-2005, 06:41 PM
I'm not one to cry "foul", but should someone who joined today be able to take over the world? Just curious.

I think some Mickey intervention should happen.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 06:46 PM
I agree. My guess is he used the 'hole' in the World Bank to get his Geo's.
Can you check the log Mickey? And if he did, can you still take the Geo's away from him?

Stanley
09-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm gonna step up my suggestion a bit.

This game is still in beta.

I think Big-Bug needs an IP-ban. For someone who normally laughs stuff off, I see people who worked a lot of hours just getting demolished, and it's no fun for anyone.

I'm calling for an IP-ban on Big-Bug. Who's with me?

Nilla
09-16-2005, 06:54 PM
I'm calling for an IP-ban on Big-Bug. Who's with me?

Yes.!

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Definetely. This has nothing to do with finding holes in the system and testing it out. He used it to wipe several trusty players off the board.
If possible I would also suggest if those who have lost armies can get it returned and if the situation can be turned back as it was. Should be possible if the Log file includes all.

I'm not saying that for myself as I haven't lost anything.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:06 PM
Now I have lost something...like how about half of all my armies :|
Big-Bug attacked my home base.
43.000 troops gone :S

Stanley
09-16-2005, 07:09 PM
The more I think about this, the more he acts like someone who's been playing the game.

I can't wait for mickey to come back online and dole out some righteousness.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:10 PM
He could've cheated allready and register under a new name.
Giving the new name the money through the world bank.

Appletom
09-16-2005, 07:15 PM
I don't know where Mickey is, but I just checked, Big-Bug and - who else - War_Peace both have the same IP address.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Really?

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:16 PM
Should this be enough to ban that IP?

Appletom
09-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Hang on, I am looking closer - I might be wrong

Stanley
09-16-2005, 07:18 PM
As an admin for the forums, can you just delete his account?

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:19 PM
As long as Mickey can still see the IP that is.

Stanley
09-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Last thing, I forgot to mention what a small, small, pathetic person War_Peace is.

Thanks.

ps. I hope ad-hominem attacks are ok in situations like this.

elk-tamer
09-16-2005, 07:23 PM
Last thing, I forgot to mention what a small, small, pathetic person War_Peace is.

Thanks.

Is there any real evidence that it was him? If it was W_P, I'll bet he was really, really happy while he was taking over those cities.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:24 PM
If War-Peace is innocent then I'm sorry for the following:

1) His name IS written in the same way 'War-Peace' vs 'Big-Bug'

2) War-Peace went offline before Big-Bug came online

3) Big-Bug was first attacking War-Peace's forum enemies

4) Big-Bug is not attacking War-Peace(maybe now if he reads I wrote this)

5) Big-Bug IS attacking the cities War-Peace has been trying to occupy but couldn't

Stanley
09-16-2005, 07:27 PM
If War-Peace is innocent then I'm sorry for the following:

Me too, but if I follow his pattern correctly, his next step will be a DOS attack on GEH.com

That's just these kinds of people, I put him on my ignore list, and he attacked my home base. Even if he used a proxy, I'm convinced it's W_P

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:28 PM
SO am I. By the way. With Steganos I can easily get another IP adress.
His name and patterns are exactly the same.
And it just happened right after freakybarry told there was a hole in the World Bank.

elk-tamer
09-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Here's my take on this:
Rather than having Mickey ban him, why dont we just use a "World Court" to destroy him?
That way, we can make a whole set of laws and use the court anytime we like.
If he has billions in Geos it won't work, but it would be fun to try before stepping out of the realm of the game to sove the problem.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:31 PM
How about this:

The game gets set back to before this happened?
Big-Bug gets deleted.
We use a world court to destroy war-peace.
We ban him.

How's that? :D

Appletom
Man, I shouldn't have said anything. When I look up big-bug's IP address, I get 81.214.xx.xxx.

Then when I search by IP address, and use 81.214.xx.xxx, War_peace's name pops up. But when I check War_Peace's IP address, I get 85.99.xx.xxx.

When I search for users under 85.99.xx.xxx, I get a blank.

I am not the whiz Mickey is, I should have not tried to make a connection when I'm not sure how things really work.

As an admin for the forums, can you just delete his account?Yes, but that isn't my call - I certainly wouldn't want to overstep my bounds.

As long as Mickey can still see the IP that is.
I'm sure Mickey has many admin tools that are not visible to mods - and he knows how to use them, unlike yours truly.

what a small, small, pathetic person War_Peace isLike all people, he has his good points - he (she?) has made some great contributions to GEH. But he sure hasn't learned how to make friends!

Stanley
Man, you should've done that to Stanley a long time ago.....

oh wait.... you did....

fricken cape town.... 400,000 troops.... buncha jerks....

elk-tamer
09-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Man, you should've done that to Stanley a long time ago.....

oh wait.... you did....

fricken cape town.... 400,000 troops.... buncha jerks....

I think that was more of a "lynch mob" than a court.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:33 PM
I can come online in a few seconds with another IP adress. Very easy.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:34 PM
Check this reply out. It has another IP adress hasn't it?

Appletom
09-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Check this reply out. It has another IP adress hasn't it?
Lukepuuk, you are right. You came from IP address 84.83.xxx.xxx at 1:33, then from IP Address: 207.248.xxx.xxx at 1:34. Two different host names too.

Timmetie
09-16-2005, 07:39 PM
Appletom, can you at least save the current logs? or ban him just to be sure?

BTW, this is starting to feel like darwinia, we should revolt! give us weapons! upgrade our lasers!

Appletom
09-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Appletom, can you at least save the current logs? or ban him just to be sure?
I do not have access to the logs. As I mentioned earlier, banning users is above my pay grade.

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Lukepuuk, you are right. You came from IP address 84.83.xxx.xxx at 1:33, then from IP Address: 207.248.xxx.xxx at 1:34. Two different host names too.

It's very easy. One push on a button in the Explorer window.
Steganos Anonime

Timmetie
09-16-2005, 07:47 PM
and upgrade our lasers (metaphore..)? maby give us all the means to kill him : ).

ESEA
09-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Yes I am in :mad:

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 07:55 PM
and upgrade our lasers (metaphore..)? maby give us all the means to kill him : ).

Give us a virus. A bug...a Big Bug. Noooo a very BIG Bug.

Mickey
09-16-2005, 08:02 PM
I don't think that Big-Bug and W-P are the same person. The IP addresses are different, and W-P has already talked to me about the bank security hole. I really don't think he is related to Big-Bug.

However, there is a user named "Bug" that is the same person. I had already buffed the extra income, but forgot to check troop sizes.

Big-Bug now has a bunch of armies that have between 1-100 troops, and no money. Bug only had a few armies at home with 100 troops each, so he's not a real threat.

Go ahead and capture those cities back - they should be pretty easy. If you suffered major losses from this, PM me with a realistic number of jewels that you should be compensated. I'll help you get back on track. If you give me some bogus number, you're just as bad as BB - please be honest.

Nico
09-16-2005, 08:04 PM
:mad: This big bug really is a pain in the ....
but how does he do it?
I just hope that Mickey the wiz can undo things and then it would even be contribution to the game.... we have to learn from this and take some precautions for the future!!!!

Saludos

War_Peace
09-16-2005, 09:00 PM
I don't think that Big-Bug and W-P are the same person. The IP addresses are different, and W-P has already talked to me about the bank security hole. I really don't think he is related to Big-Bug.

However, there is a user named "Bug" that is the same person. I had already buffed the extra income, but forgot to check troop sizes.

Big-Bug now has a bunch of armies that have between 1-100 troops, and no money. Bug only had a few armies at home with 100 troops each, so he's not a real threat.

Go ahead and capture those cities back - they should be pretty easy. If you suffered major losses from this, PM me with a realistic number of jewels that you should be compensated. I'll help you get back on track. If you give me some bogus number, you're just as bad as BB - please be honest.

I saw this thread for the last and was like "Holy crap! What the!!? Whoaa..." I keep reading and reading and it got worse and worse... Thanks to Mickey for clearing my name(whew)...

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Well, if you're innocent then I am sorry as I've said before.
But you have to admit there are a lot of coincidents that make it easy to point the finger at you.
I already showed that different IP adresses mean nothing.
And that the people who had words with you on the forum where the first victims, the name, the places which were attacked.
But ofcourse we live in a world where a man is innocent until proven guilty.
So, sorry if you're innocent. But after all that has happened here don't blame us too much for pointing the finger please.

War_Peace
09-16-2005, 09:12 PM
"Big-Bug: War-Peace" :lol: :rofl:

Not make any sense! And, it is War_Peace! Even and, it was War&Peace but Mickey had to change it...

Ahhh!...

Lukepuuk
09-16-2005, 09:17 PM
Actually everything did make sense. That was the problem.
But we'll just trust in your innocense. As Mickey has repaid us it's not that big of a deal anymore.

anthonywitt
09-17-2005, 12:48 AM

Thanks.

Do we know if his War_Peace armies have increased? I would hope he would not do this thing.

Mickey
09-17-2005, 01:21 AM
Do we know if his War_Peace armies have increased? I would hope he would not do this thing.

I'm quite sure War_Peace is innocent in all of this.

Appletom
09-17-2005, 02:14 AM
My sincerest apologies to War_Peace for my first posting (1:15 PM) on this thread - I started a lynch mob and I shouldn't have tried to show off by looking for connections between IP addresses.

anthonywitt
09-17-2005, 03:01 AM
I did not think he would be the type of man that would do this.

birq
09-17-2005, 04:08 AM
I don't think that Big-Bug and W-P are the same person. The IP addresses are different

That brings up the question of cheating with multiple ids. Now that you have implemented sharing, that will be the next exploit.

It would be trivial for me to have 2 user ids (my main computer and my laptop) and it would be nothing to commandeer my 2 kids' computers, plus my work computer which hosts as many VMWare virtuals as I care to install. And once you get into managing multiple KML files and clearing cookies, you have access to pretty much an unlimited number of users. And as far as you know, we may or may not actually be different people.

Mickey
09-17-2005, 04:29 AM
That brings up the question of cheating with multiple ids. Now that you have implemented sharing, that will be the next exploit.
Yep. In fact, "Big-Bug" also shared some resources with "Bug".

As you have pointed out, it will be very difficult to stop. vBulletin has a few built-in tools that will help, but people will always be able to get around them.

Any ideas?

Timmetie
09-17-2005, 07:14 AM
one could also make all the oil drills and something on other accounts, thusly avoiding the timer.

Corporal
09-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Perhaps it might be a good idea to get rid of bank account sharing...

Lukepuuk
09-17-2005, 02:41 PM
Perhaps it might be a good idea to get rid of bank account sharing...

But I love the sharing. Now I don't have to rush off to allies anymore.
Just one phone call and I can transfer enough to get them on their feet.

RossumsChild
09-20-2005, 05:11 PM
What about something that discourages bank account sharing, but still makes it feasible in an emergency, like a transfer charge?

Maybe 5% of the total value being transfered?

Nico
09-20-2005, 05:30 PM
Is it cheating when father and son have an account each, or two friends sitting in the same office and help each other with money transfers?

....:slant:

Nico

War_Peace
09-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Certainly not!

Admins! Huuuuu huuuuuuuu :) :P

You better close this thread!...

Waaay off the "topic" ???

Mickey
09-20-2005, 06:51 PM
Is it cheating when father and son have an account each, or two friends sitting in the same office and help each other with money transfers?
Not at all. However, this is why it's very difficult to detect cheating, as our server would have no way of telling your situations apart from a true cheater.

Anyhow, W_P is right. Way off topic. Thread closed. Start a new one if you wish.