PDA

View Full Version : Group Account

anthonywitt
09-17-2005, 11:40 PM
I would like to have a bank account for my allies. An account that all members of an alliance would put in geos.
One person would be voted as controller of the geos and request for funds would be voted on by all members of an allaince.
There would be a set amount of geos that coud be withdrawn.

Any thoughts on this?

War_Peace
09-17-2005, 11:48 PM
No need, you can transfer Geos to anyone u want...

Lukepuuk
09-18-2005, 12:29 AM
Not a bad idea. One person in the alliance receives whatever Geo's every person of the allie can spend to build up one big account.
And also puts the interest back on that account.
But... each one can withdraw from that if one keeps an eye that the person is spending it wisely. Not just attacking everyone arround him/her.

War_Peace
09-18-2005, 12:32 AM
every person can miss

What do you mean?

Lukepuuk
09-18-2005, 12:37 AM
What do you mean?

Sorry, bad translation from Dutch to English(it IS already 2:36am here, so i'm using that as an excuse).
I rectified it.

War_Peace
09-18-2005, 12:39 AM
Last edited by Lukepuuk : Today at 03:36 AM

Ahh, ok then...

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 12:41 AM
No need, you can transfer Geos to anyone u want...

I know but with a account like this everyone in a alliance would be putting in geos. This would be a center point of collection. Lets say a 9 member alliance puts in 1/2 of daily diamond mine earnings 200 (which isnt much) that would be 1800 and over two days 3600 (this would be a few geos). When one of the allies needs jewels for a mission or help recovering looses it would be there.
this account would need to be controlled.

Lukepuuk
09-18-2005, 12:42 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Lukepuuk : Today at 02:36 AM.

One hour earlier here I guess, but practically sleeping and posting messages in English is not a very good combination.

Lukepuuk
09-18-2005, 12:44 AM
I know but with a account like this everyone in a alliance would be putting in geos. This would be a center point of collection. Lets say a 9 member alliance puts in 1/2 of daily diamond mine earnings 200 (which isnt much) that would be 1800 and over two days 3600 (this would be a few geos). When one of the allies needs jewels for a mission or help recovering looses it would be there.
this account would need to be controlled.

Yeah, as I also explained in PM, you need to be sure a member of the alliance is spending it well. You don't want people just attacking all their neighbours for fun or vengeance from this money. Should be talked over all the time.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Not a bad idea. One person in the alliance receives whatever Geo's every person of the allie can spend to build up one big account.
And also puts the interest back on that account.
But... each one can withdraw from that if one keeps an eye that the person is spending it wisely. Not just attacking everyone arround him/her.

Interest. I forgot about that.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 12:45 AM
Yeah, as I also explained in PM, you need to be sure a member of the alliance is spending it well. You don't want people just attacking all their neighbours for fun or vengeance from this money. Should be talked over all the time.

In my suggestion I want all members to vote on a request.

Lukepuuk
09-18-2005, 12:53 AM
A computer controlled account would be better then a person.
So a shared account...but that would take some programming from Mickey.
First you would have to be able to make an account.
Then the one making it would have to appoint which persons could use it.
A password wouldn't do it. Too vulnerable.

War_Peace
09-18-2005, 12:58 AM
Still think no need...

No advantages at all...

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 01:02 AM
A computer controlled account would be better then a person.
So a shared account...but that would take some programming from Mickey.
First you would have to be able to make an account.
Then the one making it would have to appoint which persons could use it.
A password wouldn't do it. Too vulnerable.

Would it be that hard? Could one of the Alliance create a new member account with the name of the alliance? A mew member account.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 01:24 AM
Still think no need...

No advantages at all...

Interest. It would compound interest. Thats an advantage dont you think?

aravan
09-18-2005, 01:37 AM
I like the idea of having a separate account that would have some rules built in. Something like this:
1. Authorized users - a group of users set up who have access to the account.
2. No one person could withdraw more than xx% of the funds without group approval.
3. All deposits become the money of the alliance. Anyone who leaves the alliance forfeits any money they deposited.

All of this would take some work. Plus there would have to be a huge trust factor among players. I hope everyone would be honorable...

blitzkrieg
09-18-2005, 02:04 AM
All of this would take some work. Plus there would have to be a huge trust factor among players. I hope everyone would be honorable...

I think that's the point, we are a fully anonymous community, and this is a game. Someone's gotta win at some point don't they???

Let the winner write their own history. Backstabbing bastard becomes shrewd, cunning and oportunistic!

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 02:12 AM
I like the idea of having a separate account that would have some rules built in. Something like this:
1. Authorized users - a group of users set up who have access to the account.
2. No one person could withdraw more than xx% of the funds without group approval.
3. All deposits become the money of the alliance. Anyone who leaves the alliance forfeits any money they deposited.

Now we are getting some where with this idea. Thanks for the input Aravan.
Do you think this is can be done?

Mickey
09-18-2005, 02:13 AM
I like the idea, but it would be a lot of work and I don't really see the advantages.

Interest wouldn't matter - the total interest gained on 4 - 500 Geo accounts would be the same as on one big 2000 Geo account.

Again, it's a neat idea, but I can't see why it would be worth the work.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 02:14 AM
I think that's the point, we are a fully anonymous community, and this is a game. Someone's gotta win at some point don't they???

Let the winner write their own history. Backstabbing bastard becomes shrewd, cunning and oportunistic!

Good point but there are no backstabbers in the New Alliance.

blitzkrieg
09-18-2005, 02:22 AM
Good point but there are no backstabbers in the New Alliance.

Hehe - yet

Or if that is your 100% belief, then you will never win the game outright, someone has to betray the "New Alliance" to win outright.

Anyway - I'll stay the little guy, John Howard is good with alliances, us Aussies have a good alliance reputation - give me the geos to take over all of Australia and I'll hold the fort against the rampaging W_P who is on the doorsetep as I speak!

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 02:27 AM
I like the idea, but it would be a lot of work and I don't really see the advantages.

Interest wouldn't matter - the total interest gained on 4 - 500 Geo accounts would be the same as on one big 2000 Geo account.

Again, it's a neat idea, but I can't see why it would be worth the work.

The players would have ownership together.
It would bond alliance members. We have already started bonding and forming trust. Not bad coming from so many cultures from around the world.
There would be an advantage on large accounts. Interest is one plus other resorces could be bought fron this account which earnings could be returned to the accout making it that much bigger.
I didnt mean to dispute with you Mickey but you are not looking at the big picture.
A bank operates in the same manner. You dont think you put your money in and it just sits there. No the bank uses that money for lones and investments all of which collect interest. What I am asking for would be an asset to the game. A alliance could do things together.

You have alot of young players that could learn from this. You seem to promote education.

Think before you say know. Please.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 02:38 AM
Hehe - yet

Or if that is your 100% belief, then you will never win the game outright, someone has to betray the "New Alliance" to win outright.

Anyway - I'll stay the little guy, John Howard is good with alliances, us Aussies have a good alliance reputation - give me the geos to take over all of Australia and I'll hold the fort against the rampaging W_P who is on the doorsetep as I speak!

I kinda thought he was who you were speaking of. Were you one of his allies? If not how did he stab oyu in the back.

This is a good point. If your alliance had this account you would be able to build your army quickly. Even a 1000 troops make a difference. It would depend on how quickly your allaince could build an account and there a good ways to do this.

blitzkrieg
09-18-2005, 02:51 AM
I kinda thought he was who you were speaking of. Were you one of his allies? If not how did he stab oyu in the back.

This is a good point. If your alliance had this account you would be able to build your army quickly. Even a 1000 troops make a difference. It would depend on how quickly your allaince could build an account and there a good ways to do this.

Whatever - If you have W_P in your "new alliance" then go sleep with the enemy, whatever... He'd be one to trust!

If I built my army quickly with the "alliance" money, then the "alliance" would not have much money left. If all you guys really make a spare 200 geos a day just from your diamond mines, then I have a long way to go.

It's not my fight, you guys can already transfer funds into each other's accounts if need be, this is a game, someone's gotta win. What will you do if/when your "new alliance" takes over the world? All hold hands a play on a slippery-dip?

Mickey
09-18-2005, 02:55 AM
I think the best (and easiest) way to do this is if we establish "real" alliances, meaning something the game can recognize.

The general consensus had been that we should not do that, but rather let alliances be more loosely formed via the message board and private messages. Thoughts?

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 04:11 AM
Whatever - If you have W_P in your "new alliance" then go sleep with the enemy, whatever... He'd be one to trust!

If I built my army quickly with the "alliance" money, then the "alliance" would not have much money left. If all you guys really make a spare 200 geos a day just from your diamond mines, then I have a long way to go.

It's not my fight, you guys can already transfer funds into each other's accounts if need be, this is a game, someone's gotta win. What will you do if/when your "new alliance" takes over the world? All hold hands a play on a slippery-dip?

No he is not in the New Alliance. I like him but he is a loose cannon. We have aggreed not to attack each others allaince.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 04:18 AM
I think the best (and easiest) way to do this is if we establish "real" alliances, meaning something the game can recognize.

The general consensus had been that we should not do that, but rather let alliances be more loosely formed via the message board and private messages. Thoughts?

I am not going to let the account thingy go so easy. I know alot of programming by you would need to be done.

"Real" alliances is a great idea. An allaince could conqure the world together under one name.
We have been renaming are armies as not to attack each other by mistake. with a "real" allaince this woud not need to be done (we could use the bank (haha) to fund the "real" allaince).
How would this be done? Would it be listed? Man I have all kinds of ideas popping up in my head for this suggestion from you.

This is good because the majority of people want to belong to something "real".You do know that this game my becoming more than a game
its "real".

War_Peace
09-18-2005, 11:19 AM

Hmm... What did I say...

Lukepuuk
09-18-2005, 02:48 PM
Firstly I read a lot of talk about one guy winning the game.
To my opinion the game has been set up to be everlasting.
How can you have a winner with so many people in the game?
Eventually even if there was a guy who would own every city, he'd lose some.

How about if the bank is something you can really work for.
Like if you have 10.000Geo's in the bank, your interest is slightly upgraded?
I know it has his problems because big guys would only get bigger... but at least you have something to work for and the smaller guys have to do some hard work too.

That way, one bank account for an alliance would have use as you would reach the limit for an interest upgrade faster.
An official alliance does have his use as you can never accidently attack an army. If the alliance gets big it might sometimes be hard to remember the small guys in it. If instead of one gree tent we could choose a symbol and color it would already be easier. And the symbol and color could also be shown at an occupied city.
Or am I asking wayyy too much now? ;)

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 03:50 PM
Hmm... What did I say...

I know but hope you are wrong. Hey you could be.

anthonywitt
09-18-2005, 03:54 PM
Firstly I read a lot of talk about one guy winning the game.
To my opinion the game has been set up to be everlasting.
How can you have a winner with so many people in the game?
Eventually even if there was a guy who would own every city, he'd lose some.

How about if the bank is something you can really work for.
Like if you have 10.000Geo's in the bank, your interest is slightly upgraded?
I know it has his problems because big guys would only get bigger... but at least you have something to work for and the smaller guys have to do some hard work too.

That way, one bank account for an alliance would have use as you would reach the limit for an interest upgrade faster.
An official alliance does have his use as you can never accidently attack an army. If the alliance gets big it might sometimes be hard to remember the small guys in it. If instead of one gree tent we could choose a symbol and color it would already be easier. And the symbol and color could also be shown at an occupied city.
Or am I asking wayyy too much now? ;)

I know you are right. A "real" allaince is the better way. I still think the allaince accout would work but I am not the one to do the computer thingy. Why are right so many times. How old are you? No dont tell me then I will feel stupid.

Dont you say anything WP. I dont need to be killed twice.