PDA

View Full Version : Latest Activity

Lukepuuk
09-19-2005, 12:33 AM
Would it be possible to add a little to the latest activity?
I would like to see armies outside cities getting attacked too.
It is almost the same as a city getting attacked, with the exception that the other side chooses to engage in war first.

And...when there are a lot of users online it's sometimes only possible to see the last hour.
When I'm working and can't check for a few hours a lot happens.
The latest activity page gives me great intel on other parties. I can predict the troops from a lot of users.
I would love to see the last 12 or 24 hours.
Even it would have to be split up in several pages.

Mickey
09-19-2005, 12:49 AM
Would it be possible to add a little to the latest activity?
I would like to see armies outside cities getting attacked too.
It is almost the same as a city getting attacked, with the exception that the other side chooses to engage in war first.
I show those, but only when the attacker screws up and loses the city. I'm worried the "latest activity" is getting overwhelming already and I hesitate to add more to it.

I would love to see the last 12 or 24 hours. Even it would have to be split up in several pages.
You can now choose "next page" at the bottom and go back as far as you want. :)

Lukepuuk
09-19-2005, 01:44 AM
Two big words saying 'Next Page' surrounded by symbols and I missed that?
I need glasses.

Mickey
09-19-2005, 11:47 AM
Two big words saying 'Next Page' surrounded by symbols and I missed that?
No, you didn't miss it - I just added it prior to my last post in there. Until then, it didn't exist. :)

Lukepuuk
09-19-2005, 01:42 PM
Thanks, that's great. I can use that.

Thought I was going mental for a while there.

rasqual
09-19-2005, 05:35 PM
How about transforming "recent activity" into a newspaper format? At some point, soon, you're going to need to bifurcate the information stream between intelligence gathering on the one hand, and general information on the other. I'd suggest using a journalism format on the one hand, and then whatever devious intel methods you instance on the other.

I'd suggest that the "stories" be pretty general, perhaps with some drill-down information available. I dunno. Inverted pyramid and all that. ;-)

Some stories would be more significant than others. How long a person held a city before it was overturned would be interesting. How many troops died in an action should be a factor. The aggregate would determine whether stories made it "above the fold," page 2, etc.

And I think eventually you should have editorials and op-ed pieces. ;-)

This would be a daily, eventually.

Beezer
09-19-2005, 05:39 PM
How about transforming "recent activity" into a newspaper format? At some point, soon, you're going to need to bifurcate the information stream between intelligence gathering on the one hand, and general information on the other. I'd suggest using a journalism format on the one hand, and then whatever devious intel methods you instance on the other.

I'd suggest that the "stories" be pretty general, perhaps with some drill-down information available. I dunno. Inverted pyramid and all that. ;-)

Some stories would be more significant than others. How long a person held a city before it was overturned would be interesting. How many troops died in an action should be a factor. The aggregate would determine whether stories made it "above the fold," page 2, etc.

And I think eventually you should have editorials and op-ed pieces. ;-)

This would be a daily, eventually.

Excellent idea!!

Whoever holds the city the news paper is located in, gets 5% of total subscription and ad revenues.