PDA

View Full Version : Taking out Loans.

-_-ComputerGeek-_-
09-19-2005, 01:58 AM
I dont know if this would be easy to do but just like the real world i think you should be able to take out a loan. And like the total, or the most, that you could take out would be like 150 geos or something. I dont know if thats too much or too little but we could start at that number and see how it works. But the catch would be when you go to pay it back there would be intrest, again just like the real world. If you have anthing to add to this idea, bad or good, i would be happy to hear it. :)

-_-ComputerGeek-_-

anthonywitt
09-19-2005, 02:04 AM
I have been giving out geos like crazy but for the membes of the allaince. Almost 3500 to date. Payments would be good and so would interest But I cant ask that of allaince members. I would loan to other if a payment plan could be set up in a fashion that would protect me from default.
Good idea.

-_-ComputerGeek-_-
09-19-2005, 02:15 AM
I was thinking more on this line. Having "THE BANK" with unlimited geos in it. But you can only take out a loan of 150 geos. And you must pay it back with some intrest.

rasqual
09-19-2005, 02:41 AM
Currently, interest in the bank is "dropping in from space," to evoke an old concern. If loans were possible, the interest players earn could be tied to loan payments.

IMO, such payments could be garnished from a person's resource collection; i.e., an automatic "withholding" could be in play whenever their wells, fields. mines, etc. show a profit.

How big a loan would a person be eligible for? That would depend on the collateral he holds. If you only have two oil fields, you won't be eligible for a large loan because there's no way such meager assets could secure it; someone with 30 active fields would be eligible for a much larger loan.

Should unsecured loans be possible? Well, since payback wouldn't be automated, I'd say wait for that feature until human bankers are possible in the game.

Vocational specialization of players is a ways down the road though, I'd reckon.

andrew1
09-19-2005, 02:59 AM
Currently, interest in the bank is "dropping in from space," to evoke an old concern. If loans were possible, the interest players earn could be tied to loan payments.

IMO, such payments could be garnished from a person's resource collection; i.e., an automatic "withholding" could be in play whenever their wells, fields. mines, etc. show a profit.

How big a loan would a person be eligible for? That would depend on the collateral he holds. If you only have two oil fields, you won't be eligible for a large loan because there's no way such meager assets could secure it; someone with 30 active fields would be eligible for a much larger loan.

Should unsecured loans be possible? Well, since payback wouldn't be automated, I'd say wait for that feature until human bankers are possible in the game.

Vocational specialization of players is a ways down the road though, I'd reckon.
Like you said depending on how much the prophet is but the bank should have a massive intrest rate so people dont relly on it. :cool:

michael fontenot
09-20-2005, 06:19 AM
i like the idea of loans..also agree with the high interest rate to prevent people from relying on it.
cities couldn't be used as colateral though, who's to say your not going to lose the city an hour after getting the loan, maybe the loan amount could be based on the projected income of your crops. soldiers, geos and or crops could be taken if the payments are not made on time.

anthonywitt
09-20-2005, 12:51 PM
The bank could auction off any repoed member assets to recover bank losses.
Create an auction spot in the fourms and the bank my break even sometimes. I think we may have fun doing this once or twice a week.

michael fontenot
09-20-2005, 12:55 PM
For Sale: 1 used Army, low miles, one owner. must see to appreciate.-5geos.

rasqual
09-20-2005, 03:42 PM
And the auction-house for recovered assets would be on-line, of course, and it would be called "GEbay" ;-)