PDA

View Full Version : Crowded

andrew1
09-19-2005, 03:19 AM
When this gets too crowded i have one idea though very unconventional

Remove nuke sheild for one day so everyone nukes each other then the cities are gone then everyone rushes to make new armys activate nuke sheild then presto you get rid the problem. :dead:

anthonywitt
09-19-2005, 03:45 AM
When this gets too crowded i have one idea though very unconventional

Remove nuke sheild for one day so everyone nukes each other then the cities are gone then everyone rushes to make new armys activate nuke sheild then presto you get rid the problem. :dead:

Thats mean. Can you come up with something better?

andrew1
09-19-2005, 04:31 AM
Thats mean. Can you come up with something better?

That is the whole point i think it would be so funny just hope your not in the cross fire :cool:

anthonywitt
09-19-2005, 08:40 AM
That is the whole point i think it would be so funny just hope your not in the cross fire :cool:

For your information Mickey removed close to 500 inactive accounts just the other day. He has it under control.
You are right it would have been fun amd all of us would have been in someones cross hairs.

patrickf
09-19-2005, 08:57 AM
This is where natural disasters come in my friend! Easrthquakes etc. could destroy entire armies and leave them open for taking. I think if this was implemented realistically it would be really cool. I think that taking cities that are affected by them should have a greater reward as the risk of being slaughtered by mother nature is greater!!!

anthonywitt
09-19-2005, 09:04 AM
This is where natural disasters come in my friend! Easrthquakes etc. could destroy entire armies and leave them open for taking. I think if this was implemented realistically it would be really cool. I think that taking cities that are affected by them should have a greater reward as the risk of being slaughtered by mother nature is greater!!!

Ouch! This means Mickey must become Mother Nature. He is already swamped.

michael fontenot
09-19-2005, 10:21 AM
If there's going to be some sort of random force (mother nature) to cripple or damage your armies there should be one of the opposite also...a lottery! :lol:

rasqual
09-19-2005, 05:30 PM
Aaack!

Has my counsel fallen on deaf ears?

The USGS has a perfectly good earthquake KML that Mickey could process server-side. It's updated all the time, it's accurate, and it has quakes in it.

True, the quakes are low magnitude. But Mickey could scale 'em up a bit. And here's a benefit -- Mickey can look at the history, decide a sane frequency for such things in this world, and renormalize the magnitudes accordingly. He has historical data to go by in grooming the statistical effect distribution for future data -- real world data he doesn't have to manage.

In all honesty, I'm regretting that some people are becoming so game-centric that they're losing sight of the fact that this game is leveraging the most real-world, accessible GIS system the real world has ever seen. If this were to become "just another game" that lost it's quality of inspiring low whistles of admiration for the ways it uses Google Earth, I'd lose all interest.

Mickey's been very busy, and has done a bang-up job of exploiting GE's UI features. But there's a lot more work to be done, IMO. Hope he does it!

Timmetie
09-19-2005, 05:56 PM
Alien attack! we'd first all have to attack the aliens, who ofcourse overrun us. but then we find out they cant stand, eeehm..., smileys! (first thing i saw) and we kill them all.

Voila, reset with a twist.

michael fontenot
09-20-2005, 06:09 AM
if natural disasters are going to be in the game i think there are going to have to be some other changes to counter-effect this. if these locations and magnitudes are going to be somewhat "real world", how many people are going to try to hold california cities knowing there are going to be damaging earthquakes there or the gulf coast for hurricanes, oklahoma for tornadoes etc. There's no FEMA (not that they would be a whole lot of help) or relief support for the victims of these disasters. maybe raise the value of the cities slightly in the areas that will possibly be affected by this or maybe someone else has some better suggestions.

rasqual
09-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Well, what WOULD make California valuable? What DOES make California valuable? What makes ANY place valuable, worth living in?

I heartily suggest players think of ways to make cities more than arbitrarily valuable, and suggest these ways. Just now, the value of a city "ends" at its population -- that is, there are no further, more fundamental reasons a city is valuable, by which I mean why people are there in the first place!

It's my opinion that value needs to be built into the game, eventually, with populations gravitating toward valuable places. As Mickey grows the game, locations in the games conceptual space where value is merely manufactured out of whole cloth will prove to be serious liabilities for the game's most valuable dynamics.

The problem is not that introducing real-world data will make value less valuable. The problem is how the value is grounded in the first place.

Timmetie
09-20-2005, 04:37 PM
memphis is home of the King!

major motivation bonus!

RossumsChild
09-20-2005, 04:38 PM
The USGS has a perfectly good earthquake KML that Mickey could process server-side. It's updated all the time, it's accurate, and it has quakes in it.

mmm. . . sounds shiny.

Isn't there data bring assembled create a NWS advisory layer as well?

within the year we could have all the tornado's, tsunamis, and hurricanes that are happening in the real world being thrown at us.

I hate to act like national tragedy is cool, but it would be pretty incredible to see people forced to retreat out of New Orleans and Texas right now because Rita is bearing down on them.

andrew1
09-21-2005, 04:29 AM
Well you just ruined my sick and twisted way of making tons of people quit then cities would be free oh well by the way I WANT A ALEIN INVASION that is better then my idea natural disastors have my vote to

CLOSE THREAD PLEASE!