PDA

View Full Version : jewels per hour

swooby
09-19-2005, 01:50 PM
I'm relatively new to this game.
From my small experience it seems nearly impossible to compete in this game without some sort of scripting.
I have come up with a system for collection jewels pretty fast, but I don't know how my system competes with the rest of y'all.

My system can easily make 50 jewels in 6 minutes, and there is quite a bit of room for improvement.
That is 500 jewels per hour, or 1000 geos per hour (at present rates).
(aka: ~13333 troops per hour)
I think this is pretty good, but even at this rate I predict it will be a LONG time before a newbie would ever be able to compete with the top dogs.

In the mean time I am patiently building up geos and oil/cotton/diamond and doing some espionage with small armies.

Consider this a ransom. :)
I want to level the playing field for everyone that thinks they are out of the running.
But first, I would like to know how many geo's the top players are pulling in.
Either you tell me how many geos and/or jewels you can make per hour, or I will go public with a verbose description of how to script the system to quickly collect jewels.
It'll be just like the movie Sneakers! :)

Of course, y'all know that I will probably go public anyways, but this is your chance to try to bribe me to shut up! :)

You have 24 hours to comply :)

Pv

Mickey
09-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Please PM with info on how this works. As you may know, people that help me secure the system get rewarded; people that abuse our system get severly punished. :) I'm very curious how this works.

My main question is this: Can your system run unattended?

Anyhow, please send me a PM and we'll chat.

swooby
09-19-2005, 03:42 PM
I will PM you Mickey.
I realize my message may have sounded threatening.
I was joking about the ransom...but I am curious how the big dogs build up their funds and support armies of 300k-400k (or more?)!

It seems like the rich get richer and the poor get poorer in this game.

A 400k army is ~$30k!
I could raise $30k in 30 hours of straight jewel hunting, but I am a 32 year old professional and have a life and don't care to dedicate that much time to this game...but I am still interested in playing.
I could slowly build up $100k in a few weeks and then start a blitzkreg assault, but:

i have a feeling that the other top dogs are growing just about as fast (especially with bank interest, city taxes and resource taxes)
my million man army would probably get wiped out pretty fast if I took on more than a few cities
taking on only a few cities would only be a drop in the bucket
the best cities to take would be the large and/or resource related cities, but it would take a lot of time management to keep those cities occupied with a strong defending army (or course...this could be scripted too! :))

For everyones' sake:
No, my solution cannot be run unattended.
I still do have to type in the passcodes by hand, and I have no plans to use OCR to defeat the codes.
My solution just bypasses the time consuming search and view part of jewel hunting.

BTW: I have a potential solution to the scripting problem...I will PM Mickey you about it.

Pv

Stanley
09-19-2005, 03:46 PM
I still do have to type in the passcodes by hand, and I have no plans to use OCR to defeat the codes.
My solution just bypasses the time consuming search and view part of jewel hunting.
Pv

man, sounds like MY solution :)
seriously though, we can just add your name to that of the group of players who script. we're all "friendly and rule-the world-ish".

I'd love to hear your suggestions in public on how to defeat teh-scripters.

Lukepuuk
09-19-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't think scripters can be defeated.
I can't even imagine a way around this or everything would have to be in Google Earth itself.
For what I have seen, as long as you use a browser, there will be people scripting. And they're not even hacking or antyhing, just saving the time of going manually to a place.
They still would have to type in the numbers themself.

swooby
09-19-2005, 04:38 PM
I don't think scripters can be defeated.
I can't even imagine a way around this or everything would have to be in Google Earth itself.
For what I have seen, as long as you use a browser, there will be people scripting. And they're not even hacking or antyhing, just saving the time of going manually to a place.
They still would have to type in the numbers themself.

What if there were no way to automate* going to your next jewel city?

* Without using OCR; If someone is using OCR then they *are* hacking and I think they should be banned!

Pv

Lukepuuk
09-19-2005, 05:00 PM
Do you think it's possible to OCR it now?

rasqual
09-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Do you think it's possible to OCR it now?
Personally, I think OCR is still possible. Mickey should probably include some better random positioning, as well as random numbers of characters.

I still think a wav file would be great. ;-)

IMO, the speed-up method that doesn't work unattended will always be possible. I've not had time to spend on updating my own, lately -- counting on the bank's interest to do my gathering for me (though I'm still a poor man ;-)

Stanley
09-19-2005, 05:50 PM
Personally, I think OCR is still possible.

I'll do a Proof of Concept on the OCR we have right now, later this week.
Then Mickey will change it, and I'll be sad again.

My guess is, the percentages are getting very low for the OCRs.

I was at 100% originally, then with periods around 80%. Then rotations 40%.

Once you fill in those lines.... it gets really low....

Timmetie
09-19-2005, 06:04 PM
i can hardly imagen how this could go faster?

I see the city, i look it up in the list, click on it, WAIT for the jewel, click on it, type the code, and move on.

Lemme check..

Without the code, so, just the first things i said, this takes me 10-15 secs.
so maby go directly from seeing what city to the city would help..
But 50 per 6 minutes, is 7,4 seconds per jewel, say 2 secs per code.. actually this could work..

darn..

elk-tamer
09-19-2005, 06:12 PM
I'll do a Proof of Concept on the OCR we have right now, later this week.
Then Mickey will change it, and I'll be sad again.

My guess is, the percentages are getting very low for the OCRs.

I was at 100% originally, then with periods around 80%. Then rotations 40%.

Once you fill in those lines.... it gets really low....

That's the issue for me. Writing custom OCR is a big hassle, and the fact that the image will be changed as soon as Mickey sees that it is being read is deterrent enough.
I've been too lazy to collect even a single one by hand, but the last I looked there was lines on the diagonals and through the centre on the horizontal.
The characters were all numbers, only a few fonts were being used and the rotation wasn't random.

I would remove the dots using a grid that simply checks for spaces around a dot, fill-in the lines and then move horizontally until I found a character image.
For each character image I'd compare it to 0-9 for each font and for each rotation, then take the highest percentage match.

elk-tamer
09-19-2005, 07:12 PM
I just had another look and the images have changed. I think I can ocr them now though.

There is one "mistake" in the images....

Mickey
09-19-2005, 07:29 PM
There is one "mistake" in the images....

Do tell... :) (PM if you prefer)