PDA

View Full Version : Stationing troops

palau
09-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Hi all !

Sometimes I'd like to position troops stationary at some location in the map. Currently we can only use our cities (too less for most of us) and the base and cities of the others. The latest is too dangerous, I already lost some troops whenever this is interpreted as an imminent assault.

Feature suggest:

a) possibility to stop (settle a military post) the troops at any location, while they are travelling.

b) possibility to move the troops directly to any latitude/longitude.

Is a) or b) interesting and easy to implement? Should it cost some Geos or rather be a free feature?

- palau

rasqual
09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm with ya, man.

Mickey said he'd have this entirely in play and debugged by tonight. I swear!

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2276&highlight=waypoint

;-)

michael fontenot
09-20-2005, 06:00 AM
great idea! i've been thinking on mentioning that to mickey for a couple of days, i'm sure everyone has experienced what you talking about palau. Would also make it easier to "sneak up" on someone & on the same token would be harded to tell if someone's coming at you.

michael fontenot
09-20-2005, 06:01 AM
a question..once this is implemented will the stationary armies be vunerable to attacks??

Mickey
09-20-2005, 11:49 AM
a question..once this is implemented will the stationary armies be vunerable to attacks??

It depends on how exactly I implement it, but I would say probably so.

michael fontenot
09-20-2005, 11:53 AM
Cool,
Again...great job on all the new additions to the game mickey.

anthonywitt
09-20-2005, 12:43 PM
Could the base icon be changed for a stationary army? It may make the army harder to spot.