PDA

View Full Version : whoops

socrates
09-21-2005, 05:13 AM
okay... I just accidentally created my own alliance... how do I get out of it ?

Mickey
09-21-2005, 11:39 AM
okay... I just accidentally created my own alliance... how do I get out of it ?

When you're viewing the details (alliancedetails.php) page, there is an option to "disband" it. That should do it.

socrates
09-22-2005, 06:52 AM
my bad....
found the little disband button....
err suggestion... make it bigger.... but that can wait. minor detail....

RossumsChild
09-22-2005, 03:44 PM
this brings up an interesting point.

If the alliance data wasn't public, smaller users could manufacture fake alliances as a way to "raise their hackles"--making them appear more dangerous than they really were.

After all, they'd just have to join an alliance and give it a crazy name like "servants of War_Peace".

Without information about the real nature of the alliance, a lot of the less informed players probably wouldn't attack.

heh.

Ah well, that kindof subterfuge isn't possible with the alliance data all being so open. Probably for the best.

Mickey
09-22-2005, 07:15 PM
If the alliance data wasn't public, smaller users could manufacture fake alliances as a way to "raise their hackles"--making them appear more dangerous than they really were.

I kinda went the other way on that one. I made it public info thinking that people could still create hidden alliances that were real, rather than creating visible "alliances" that were fake. We can't really have both, and I don't feel like re-coding that whole mess, so we'll keep it how it is. :)

Timmetie
09-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Rossum's child, what you just described is a good thing. Strategy is the key! you have to scare people off, make some like you, and in the end backstab everyone and run fast!

Everyone is trying to control the others mind!

AAH, the voices!

War_Peace
09-22-2005, 08:20 PM

AAH, the voices!

I hear you, bro!...

socrates
09-27-2005, 03:37 AM
Rossum's child, what you just described is a good thing. Strategy is the key! you have to scare people off, make some like you, and in the end backstab everyone and run fast!

AAH, the voices!

dang... no wonder you didn't vacate your biggest city when I told you too...
;) too many voices hahahhaha.... I'll keep quiet now... before you get a headache.....