PDA

View Full Version : New Alliance Cells

TheMightySquigglies
09-21-2005, 02:50 PM
This is getting silly now, 15 players in one alliance (of 3 cells) will wipe out the whole map. Others have no chance against that!

Mickey
09-21-2005, 03:02 PM
Agreed. But what can we do about it? Even without "alliances", they could still team up. At least with the current system they have to split into three cells.

elk-tamer
09-21-2005, 03:17 PM
This is getting silly now, 15 players in one alliance (of 3 cells) will wipe out the whole map. Others have no chance against that!

There 1167 players, why should 15 be guaranteed to wipe out the map? What's stopping you from making your own alliance?

Timmetie
09-21-2005, 04:20 PM
indeed, our big alliance also has a lot of enemies. And when we'll have to "split
the world", you bet ya there'll be fightin. :D

Also, i dont think 15 people can hold the world. city incomes are just not big enough.

Beezer
09-21-2005, 05:34 PM
There 1167 players, why should 15 be guaranteed to wipe out the map? What's stopping you from making your own alliance?
Only about 500 or so are active and if I had to guess, probably only 100-150 of those are assertive (meaning they play on a daily basis). And if you get all the top players banded together pooling money, it becomes hard for the little guys to make a dent in their empire.

Having said that, here's what I think:

1) As teh game grows and more cities get added, it'll ber a lot tougher to hold a large number of cities without spreading yourelf dangerously thin. That will leave them open to attack.

2) I don't think that other alliances or individuals for that matter will allow the New Alliance cells to dominate the world. It'll be like guerilla warfare and they will eventually see their power base errode. I think someone will make a move on them in a big way soon.

You also have to consider that some of the top individual players (War_Peace, Nilla, Villi82) are not alligned with anyone yet. Perhaps someone needs to be contacting them for an alliance.

Lukepuuk
09-21-2005, 06:04 PM
I think this is a misunderstanding.
Don't forget we were an active alliance before this.
Only now you can see what that got us in the top alliance list.
Nothing has changed though.
Maybe make it a little tougher on us because now everybody can see.
But I don't think our alliance goes for World Domination.
We were talkers all the time and we're not that tough.
Everytime I'm going for a city and get a PM from someone asking me not to, I automatically turn back right away.
Guess I'm a wuss :cool:

Timmetie
09-21-2005, 06:10 PM
o, im so for world domination.

Lukepuuk
09-21-2005, 06:27 PM
o, im so for world domination.

shhhh hush

His Lord Uberdude
09-21-2005, 09:30 PM
Mostly, we just try to keep eachother from falling in to mud too deep. And take out those who attack one of us. Chill out, and go get your own alliance.

Lukepuuk
09-21-2005, 09:35 PM
It's not that we're that big. It's just that there aren't a lot of alliances yet.
Looks like a lot but half of it is only allianced with himself yet.

War_Peace
09-21-2005, 10:05 PM
half of it is only allianced with himself yet.

Best way it is!...

Lukepuuk
09-21-2005, 10:19 PM
Best way it is!...

LOL

You don't even need alliances. I think as a player alone, you're still bigger then the biggest alliance.

Beezer
09-21-2005, 10:22 PM
Why have an alliance when you can kepp all the money and power for yourself??

War_Peace
09-21-2005, 10:25 PM
Why have an alliance when you can kepp all the money and power for yourself??

Cık cık cık!... Shame on youuu!... :lol: :P

Edit: Ha haaaaa, faster than the lightening!...

Lukepuuk
09-21-2005, 10:25 PM
hehe then why are you in an alliance?

Beezer
09-21-2005, 11:01 PM
hehe then why are you in an alliance?
Because I have no money or power!!!! ;) :lol:

michael fontenot
09-22-2005, 02:13 AM
Lukepuuk's right, nothing has changed exept that now everyone knows who is in the New Alliance. This has been good and bad for us, but we are not out for global domination, just watching each others backs and giving support to the other members, we have yet to make an assault on any single person. just trying to hold what we have is enough.

Volli82
09-22-2005, 05:12 PM
You also have to consider that some of the top individual players (War_Peace, Nilla, Villi82) are not alligned with anyone yet. Perhaps someone needs to be contacting them for an alliance.

Volli82

;)

War_Peace
09-22-2005, 05:18 PM
:rofl: I was expecting this one :lol:

Beezer
09-22-2005, 08:23 PM
Volli82
;)
My bad!! I should really spell check before submitting. :cool:

Sperber
09-24-2005, 10:48 PM
well, maybe allys are not that bad at all. its not the problem that you help your mates.

i think a problem is that the ally members can send a part of, or all their daily geos (+jewelry-geos) to one ally-player. he 's building up a big army and slaughters the enemies one after the other.

after he conquers a city he resupplies his large army, abandons the city and just moves on - then his ally-mate will claim the city... with this tactic smaller allys or single players are able to hold their ground for a day, maybe two, but there s no chance to establish a lasting defense, or attacking other cities.

in my eyes, for example, it didnt take the 3 "new alliance cells" that much time to conquer almost 2/3 of the total earth value...

Gruß aus Nord Friesland, Sperber.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
the author holds the copyright on any mistakes in spelling ;)

Volli82
09-24-2005, 11:11 PM
well, maybe allys are not that bad at all. its not the problem that you help your mates.

i think a problem is that the ally members can send a part of, or all their daily geos (+jewelry-geos) to one ally-player. he 's building up a big army and slaughters the enemies one after the other.

after he conquers a city he resupplies his large army, abandons the city and just moves on - then his ally-mate will claim the city... with this tactic smaller allys or single players are able to hold their ground for a day, maybe two, but there s no chance to establish a lasting defense, or attacking other cities.

in my eyes, for example, it didnt take the 3 "new alliance cells" that much time to conquer almost 2/3 of the total earth value...

where is the difference between attacking a city with 10 small armies and attacking with 1 big one? i dont think that this is a real advantage of being in an alliance.
the bigger advantage should be that everybody can see how are your partners.

by the way, i havent get any offers from alliances, nobody wants me :whine: ;)

Lukepuuk
09-24-2005, 11:13 PM

Ehm, I even posted a topic here for everyone to take the unoccupied cities. Nobody reacted. So after 24 hours we started taking em. It's ashame to leave them there.
But everyone in our alliance works hard for it. And it was more about getting rid of War_Peace then conquering the world.
I heard more of them allready talking to other players about taking over their cities.
We just want some cities to hold onto and thats it. Don't want to own to much or we might end up like War_Peace ;)

Beezer
09-25-2005, 12:32 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the New Alliance folks is already held most of the world as individuals before the creation of formal alliances. They were just smart and have added people who are already doing well individually.

Lukepuuk
09-25-2005, 12:45 AM
If I'm not mistaken, the New Alliance folks is already held most of the world as individuals before the creation of formal alliances. They were just smart and have added people who are already doing well individually.

And add a note: we were allready an alliance before the alliance option was here ;).

Sperber
09-25-2005, 11:58 AM
where is the difference between attacking a city with 10 small armies and attacking with 1 big one?

well, whats better volli:
1) 10 smaller armies of different players are attacking you. you can defeat 3 of them and cripple the victorious army. 6 armies left to move on. despite you have to coordinate several players to form an attack, you have to pay attention to the problem, that maybe one or two of the players have to spend their geos in rebuilding their defences after enemy attacks.
2) 9 players aid "player no.10" - they give him their geos and just take care of their defense. "player no.10" attacks you with his large army - losses doesnt matter because there is a constant flow of reinforcements. ok, there is a 10% chance, that the "player no.10" is beeing attacked as well, but if he leaves the cities in "hot" territories to his mates, this 10% should be minimized.
...got the point, volli?

And add a note: we were allready an alliance before the alliance option was here ;).

you bloody bastards of skinny cheaters ;)

Lukepuuk
09-25-2005, 12:23 PM
haha not cheating Sperber, thinking ;) (cough)

So instead of being angry at alliances...why not join ours?
We could use a good freeze(een goeie Fries)

Or like Piet Paulusma would say:'Ot Morn' (is that correct in 'Fries'?)

Volli82
09-25-2005, 12:52 PM

for a sign of friendly living next door, you give me shanghai and i give you taipei? ;)

Sperber
09-25-2005, 01:19 PM

hehe ... but you re dutch ;D ... but actually: van der vaart scored yesterday and did a great game for the HSV against the bayern and koniginnen dag this april has been big fun in enschede too :) maybe i should think 'bout this allything ;)

by the way: who is piet paulusma? and "ot morn" - i m not sure about that also. i am not that good in speaking fries ;)

greetings oranjes, sperber.

Lukepuuk
09-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Piet Paulusma is from Friesland.
He's the weatherman who's always ending his weather with 'Ot Morn'. Supposed to be 'Fries'.
Spent Koninginnedag(Queensday) in Amsterdam.
Big party as far as I remember ;)

But anyway. You seem like a good player also so we'd really like you in.

Volli82
09-25-2005, 02:01 PM
hehe ... but you re dutch ;D ... but actually: van der vaart scored yesterday and did a great game for the HSV against the bayern and koniginnen dag this april has been big fun in enschede too :) maybe i should think 'bout this allything ;)

by the way: who is piet paulusma? and "ot morn" - i m not sure about that also. i am not that good in speaking fries ;)

greetings oranjes, sperber.

i dont like the hsv very much but i like teams which beat bayern ;)

hey, i live near enschede

Lukepuuk
09-25-2005, 02:08 PM
As a dutch guy I'll just stay away from all soccertalk ;)
I'll let you Germans do that kind of talking :cool:

anthonywitt
09-25-2005, 03:21 PM

Thats right. There is nothing stopping others from having a alliance like the NEW Alliance. Gotta campain for your members. Give them a reason to join.

Alliances are the right thing to do..just look at all the posts about alliances.

anthonywitt
09-25-2005, 03:30 PM
I think this is a misunderstanding.
Don't forget we were an active alliance before this.
Only now you can see what that got us in the top alliance list.
Nothing has changed though.
Maybe make it a little tougher on us because now everybody can see.
But I don't think our alliance goes for World Domination.
We were talkers all the time and we're not that tough.
Everytime I'm going for a city and get a PM from someone asking me not to, I automatically turn back right away.
Guess I'm a wuss :cool:

Thats right the New Alliance is not going to pick on the new players in fact I think we should give the new player a chance to own cities by not storing our 100000 troop army in the city. We need to keep it fair to them and save the big armies for the big players.

Lukepuuk
09-25-2005, 03:49 PM
Thats right the New Alliance is not going to pick on the new players in fact I think we should give the new player a chance to own cities by not storing our 100000 troop army in the city. We need to keep it fair to them and save the big armies for the big players.

Lets start with this.
I'm giving Bangalore, India to a small time player and even offer him a few days of protection. You need to be a player who registered more then one week ago though, to make sure people don't make or have multiple accounts.
And you can't allready be in our alliance ;)
How's that?

Beezer
09-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Lets start with this.
I'm giving Bangalore, India to a small time player and even offer him a few days of protection. You need to be a player who registered more then one week ago though, to make sure people don't make or have multiple accounts.
And you can't allready be in our alliance ;)
How's that?
Do I count?? I'll take Bangalore!! ;)

I too try not to destroy all the small players. From my viewpoint, its more because I want to see the game grow than to be fair to everyone. The easier it is for noobs to take control of cities and start off on the right foot, the more likely they are to keep playing!!

Lukepuuk
09-25-2005, 05:15 PM
Well if nobody else will take it i don't see why not.
But I really wanted to help new players get into the game.
A valuable city could do that.
Either they don't trust it or they don't read the forum. :slant:

Lukepuuk
09-25-2005, 09:01 PM
ps: is the Greatest Alliance Ever a new alliance or is the New Alliance the greatest alliance ever?

Sperber
09-26-2005, 12:34 AM
i dont like the hsv very much but i like teams which beat bayern

geee.... you re not a HSV-fan... thats it - now i cant help you anymore at all ;)

As a dutch guy I'll just stay away from all soccertalk

ok, ok. but i hope that you oranjes consider yourself fine enough to qualify for the world championship in germany 2006 - somehow i missed something when you didnt qualify 2002 :kiss: *argl* - sry, its the voices in my head that force me to say stuff like that, luke ;) i planned to close my business for 3 weeks during the championship, travelling from stadium to stadium with some friends...

thx, for the invitation into your ally, but i guess i stay in opposition, trying to give you a hard time (ops, where are my cities.... :shock: "varus, give me back my legions..."). i m not that much online in GE war ...

Beezer
09-26-2005, 12:46 AM
ps: is the Greatest Alliance Ever a new alliance or is the New Alliance the greatest alliance ever?
I figured that since we were in 5th place, we could only claim to be the 5th greatest alliance ever.

Lukepuuk
09-26-2005, 01:01 AM
I read that. Quite funny but needs you to change your alliance name every day ;)

Our old target is also back :cool:

blitzkrieg
09-26-2005, 01:15 AM
Big "L", I have troops enruite to bangalore, arrive in 30 minutes.

Lukepuuk
09-26-2005, 01:16 AM
aren't you in my alliance? :|

blitzkrieg
09-26-2005, 01:28 AM
oh, I was hoping youd be too tired to notice... :lol:

Lukepuuk
09-26-2005, 01:55 AM
well...nobody else seems to react to my city-sale.
Not even beezer ;)

Beezer
09-26-2005, 02:05 AM
well...nobody else seems to react to my city-sale.
Not even beezer ;)
I'd rather a noob take it.

I'm content with my 5 measley cities.

Lukepuuk
09-26-2005, 02:56 AM
But another city is always welcome.
Who knows how long you can hold onto a city.
I see you have only had Osaka, Japan for 2 days ;)

LOL...sorry :$

reklats
10-06-2005, 11:52 PM
yah, New Alliance.. :( I like the "6th Greatest Alliance Ever" lmao. Wish I could get an invite to that one. ;)