PDA

View Full Version : GE updated imagery?

dbrowne
07-19-2005, 06:49 PM
Does anyone know if the imagery used in GE is or ever will be updated? Also does any one know if areas that are not currently scaned in high res will ever be?

I live in dublin ireland and only half of dublin (the capitol) is done in high res. The rest is very very poor quality.

Mickey
07-19-2005, 07:38 PM
Does anyone know if the imagery used in GE is or ever will be updated? Also does any one know if areas that are not currently scaned in high res will ever be?

I live in dublin ireland and only half of dublin (the capitol) is done in high res. The rest is very very poor quality.

According to Google, they are "adding high resolution coverage continually". I haven't seen any evidence of major updates since GE was released, but I expect we will soon.

One thing I'm thinking is that some of our placemarks will suddenly be useless. For example, a plane that was in the air on one scan certainly won't be there the next time that area is scanned.

I hope that eventually they can get to the point where most of the world is updated in high-res every couple months...

hypeserver
07-19-2005, 07:58 PM
there is a topic about this that was mentioned last night.