PDA

View Full Version : Moving Your Home Base

Mickey
09-21-2005, 06:20 PM
Now that we have alliances, I think there is a greater push to allow people to move their home bases for strategic reasons.

I think this should cost a fair amount of money and should be limited in how often you can do it.

To start, I'll throw out this suggestion: The cost would be $500 and you could move no more than once every 10 days. Thoughts? Higher, lower, different, whatever?

Timmetie
09-21-2005, 06:32 PM
mickey, i think the timer should include a time in which you cant make armies at the new location, to avoid sudden strikes.

Beezer
09-21-2005, 06:32 PM
You could make it a variable cost. For example, if My home base is in Indianapolis and I want to move it to Istanbul, that should cost more than if I moved it from Indianapolis to Columbus, Ohio.

Make $500 the minimum and go up from there depending on distance.

I assume that there will also be a travel time associted with moving all your armies from your home base??

Mickey
09-21-2005, 06:43 PM
You could make it a variable cost. For example, if My home base is in Indianapolis and I want to move it to Istanbul, that should cost more than if I moved it from Indianapolis to Columbus, Ohio.

Make $500 the minimum and go up from there depending on distance.
Great idea, but it makes it much more difficult to code. If I just let it be a flat price, they can pay it and use the newbie-base-creation-tool to make a new one. Charging on distance would mean a few brand new scripts and a couple hours of coding.

I assume that there will also be a travel time associted with moving all your armies from your home base??
It would be nice, but not likely due to complexity. Maybe require that a base be empty before it can be moved?

Beezer
09-21-2005, 06:57 PM
Great idea, but it makes it much more difficult to code. If I just let it be a flat price, they can pay it and use the newbie-base-creation-tool to make a new one. Charging on distance would mean a few brand new scripts and a couple hours of coding.
You've got a couple of hours to spare, I'm sure of it!!! :lol: :lol:

Honestly, who needs sleep??

It would be nice, but not likely due to complexity. Maybe require that a base be empty before it can be moved?
That would be good. I also like the idea that Timmetie mentioned. Require the base to remain empty for a specified time so that there can't be any suprise attacks (especially if their base will be "warped" to its new location and not have to travel).