PDA

View Full Version : Sell as Purchase

War_Peace
09-21-2005, 07:05 PM
We can purchase now. We shall be able to sell too. This may not be a new idea but I thought it would be good to bring it up...

Mickey, use your magical powers...

Mickey
09-21-2005, 07:13 PM
We can purchase now. We shall be able to sell too. This may not be a new idea but I thought it would be good to bring it up...

It's coming eventually...

Cato
09-21-2005, 08:17 PM
purchase what? armies? troops? nukes? resources?

Beezer
09-21-2005, 08:35 PM
purchase what? armies? troops? nukes? resources?
You can purchse all of those. W_P is asking for a store that will buy unwanted/un-needed troops and armies.

War_Peace
09-21-2005, 08:48 PM
You can purchse all of those. W_P is asking for a store that will buy unwanted/un-needed troops and armies.

Am I ?!... Aaaah, yes. I guess, I am... (??)

Cato
09-21-2005, 08:56 PM
You cant buy resources (yet), but it would currently be a pointless activity.

However, I strongly feel that army maintainence costs should be paid in oil and cotton. (Armies lacking sufficient resource maintenance should be disbanded.)

Along with this changed payment type, and more important to the financial aspect of the game, players should be able to purchase resources.

This would complete the free-market setting and allow prices to fluctuate naturally. Player's could buy and sell based on how they feel about the financial positions of the primary players. This active trading could work well with spies. Knowledge that I gain about the top player's financial activities could allow me to gain a financial edge (for the price of the spies, of course.)

I HIGHLY recommend that Mickey builds this type of marketplace into the game.

rasqual
09-22-2005, 03:56 AM
The "store" metaphor needs to go the way of all things. It's embarrassing to walk into a "store" to "buy" an army.

Could we have more dignified terms for these things. Mickey? How about a boot camp where recruits are conscripted or enlist?