PDA

View Full Version : GoogleEarth and MapInfo

jlarmero
09-22-2005, 08:58 AM
For those of you interested, I've developed a small application that shows in GoogleEarth the position of any point, line or polygon selected in MapInfo. Say you are working in MapInfo, select any object and press the googleearth button. Then, GE opens and moves to the location of the MapInfo object.

It's very useful to find places!

If anyone is interested just post a message, and I'll send it to you

silversatan
10-28-2005, 06:10 PM
For those of you interested, I've developed a small application that shows in GoogleEarth the position of any point, line or polygon selected in MapInfo. Say you are working in MapInfo, select any object and press the googleearth button. Then, GE opens and moves to the location of the MapInfo object.

can you send me your aplication ?

araT
10-31-2005, 07:00 AM
Fantastic work JLarmero!, we are interested in putting a programs catagory on the site to include things like this, and converters and other handy applications.. would you mind if we host it here, too?

T.

GEH4EVR
10-31-2005, 01:05 PM
How about putting that up in this forum because I'd love it. :D

bk99
11-02-2005, 08:13 AM
Me too.

Orion1015
11-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Could you send it to me please?

jlarmero
11-03-2005, 01:58 PM
Here is the application. You'll need to copy both the mbx and the dll in the same folder, and from MapInfo select "Run mapbasic program..." or use the Tool Manager to make this tool always appear in the toolbar.

You'll find two versions in the zip: One for MapInfo 7.0 (GoogleEarth70.mbx), and the other for MapInfo 7.5 and above.

Anyway, if you need help do not hesitate to contact me.

ivelander
11-08-2005, 11:33 PM
Any chance you can reverse the working of this applications so we can add points in MapInfo from Google Earth? This would be great.

btcorb01
04-11-2007, 12:19 AM
I am at about an intermediate level in the MapBasic world but I have had trouble working with any kind of integrated mapping. Any chance I could see your code for this? I feel that I could learn tons from it.

jlarmero
04-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Here is the source code. Do not hesitate to contact me if you need assistance.

Note that this code is old, and it's not modified since its first version.

Greetings

IgorOk
10-18-2007, 04:34 PM
Good job!:givebeer:
Is it possible to improve it to convert into Google Earth the set of poligons from MapInfo?

ahsanakhter
02-26-2009, 08:10 AM
Hi
I need this tool madly with Source code ,If possible pls send me at ahsanakhter4u@gmail.com

sherif
06-07-2009, 08:28 AM
Dear Jlarmero,

I am using mapinfo 7.8. The application is not working. when I run the GoogleEarth MapBasic application, nothing happens. Would you please help me on this?

Captain Hornblower
06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
His last activity was more than 2 years ago :slant: