PDA

View Full Version : Misaligned Images

luckyschop
07-19-2005, 08:25 PM
Does anyone know the best way to go about informing Google that there is a county-long line where 2 hi res images (taken at different times) do not match up? They are only off by a little bit (maybe 1/4 to 1/2 inch), but it is enough to really bother me. The roads do not match up with the images, and my presentation is going to look a little shotty. Has anyone else come across this problem?

hypeserver
07-19-2005, 08:41 PM
does this matter? if it does you can try going to labs.google.com and looking for a contact info page or going to earth.google.com and looking for a contact page.

grav8e
07-19-2005, 08:49 PM
Is your presentation within GE or using an image taken from GE? If it's the latter, can't you just Photoshop it?

luckyschop
07-19-2005, 08:51 PM
Honestly, for the casual user it doesn't matter at all. But when I start adding layers, including parcels, that slight misalignment makes a big difference when the roads show up in the wrong place.

hypeserver
07-19-2005, 11:32 PM
read the rest of my earlier post to see the addresses to possible contact info.

luckyschop
07-22-2005, 03:25 PM
Thanks hypeserver for the direction, but unfortunately I am bogged down at work (what's new) and keep putting off contacting them about the slight misalignment. If and when I get to that, hopefully their contacts work.

hypeserver
07-22-2005, 09:11 PM
There contacts are currently for Tech Support and Trouble with Google Earth, but since misaligned images are involved this would go to Tech Support. Which can be contacted from both of my provided links. I'm 13 and know way to much weeeee.........lol.......

felipeboralli
07-23-2005, 04:08 AM
many disaligned junctions are present, hope them to fix it, while uploading more high-res images to their server.