PDA

View Full Version : A few bugs?

swooby
09-22-2005, 04:38 PM
The GEWar welcome page says there are ~1200 account active. However, the bank deposit page only shows 515 accounts.
If I have 0.0 geos in my pocket I should not be able to sustain troops. I don't appear to be charged for troop maintenance if I put all of my geos in the bank and have 0 in my pocket. I would expect that I will start to loose troops within 24 hours if I don't have adequate geos in my pocket (ie: not in the bank). Feature request: We should be able to voluntarily raise our troop expenses and get stronger troops. Conversely, poorly funded troops will eventually wither away. If the big dogs are getting away without having to fund their 500k army then WHOA, *big* loop hole there!
Someone else mentioned this, but army travel times seem very inconsistent. I sent one army due south and it got to its destination in 30 minutes. I sent a few other armies SEE a shorter distance and they took over twice as long to get there. Maybe the time/distance of diagonal paths are not calculated correctly?

Pv

Mickey
09-22-2005, 07:21 PM
The GEWar welcome page says there are ~1200 account active. However, the bank deposit page only shows 515 accounts.
You can only deposit money in the account of users that have set-up valid home bases. Apparently 700 people haven't done that yet (or did it, we asked them to move and they haven't fixed it yet).

If I have 0.0 geos in my pocket I should not be able to sustain troops. I don't appear to be charged for troop maintenance if I put all of my geos in the bank and have 0 in my pocket. I would expect that I will start to loose troops within 24 hours if I don't have adequate geos in my pocket (ie: not in the bank). Feature request: We should be able to voluntarily raise our troop expenses and get stronger troops. Conversely, poorly funded troops will eventually wither away. If the big dogs are getting away without having to fund their 500k army then WHOA, *big* loop hole there!
These are all things that are in the works.

Someone else mentioned this, but army travel times seem very inconsistent. I sent one army due south and it got to its destination in 30 minutes. I sent a few other armies SEE a shorter distance and they took over twice as long to get there. Maybe the time/distance of diagonal paths are not calculated correctly?
It may be more a matter of latitude/longitude differences. I need to do some more research into that whole field. Travel is based on how many degrees latitude and/or longitude you need to travel. Since the lines are closer together as you get near the poles, travel times will tend to take longer. This will be addressed eventually.