PDA

View Full Version : How to solve all of our jewel collecting problems and nightmares

Beezer
09-23-2005, 03:16 PM
There has been mcuh talk about how jewel collecting is terrible, can be manipulated by using scripts to amass tons of money, etc.

There is a simple easy way to relieve all these problems: Do away with jewel collecting altogether.

"But Beezer, this is unfair to all the newbs in the game!! How will they earn money??"

Every new person that gets an account would be given 1k in geos to start with (maybe even a free army to build upon). With resources to be had and interest to be eraned, anyone could easily make an adequate amount of money to build up their army without spending every last dime and without having to ever hunt for jewels. From there its just a matter of what city to take over once you feel strong enough.

Those are my thoughts. What say the people??

birq
09-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Those are my thoughts. What say the people??

The first exploit would be multiple accounts. If I needed an extra 5k to go beat up one of the biggies, I could just create 5 new accounts with free email addresses (I have GMail invites out the wazoo...) and deposit all of the money in my existing account.

Beezer
09-23-2005, 04:00 PM
The first exploit would be multiple accounts. If I needed an extra 5k to go beat up one of the biggies, I could just create 5 new accounts with free email addresses (I have GMail invites out the wazoo...) and deposit all of the money in my existing account.
True but that can already be done to get around the time limit on resources and thus far doesn't seem to be a huge problem.

Maybe if the initial number of geos was less....say 400??

Timmetie
09-23-2005, 04:01 PM
making diamond mines on other accounts isnt lucrative enough, but getting 400 geo's without doing anything is.

birq
09-23-2005, 04:05 PM
making diamond mines on other accounts isnt lucrative enough, but getting 400 geo's without doing anything is.

I agree, and it's a one-shot deal -- you don't have to maintain the accounts to keep getting the money like with diamonds and oil since you get it all at once.

Beezer
09-23-2005, 04:11 PM
I agree, and it's a one-shot deal -- you don't have to maintain the accounts to keep getting the money like with diamonds and oil since you get it all at once.
Good point.

Mickey
09-23-2005, 04:24 PM
I'd love to get rid of jewel collecting, but it's there for one main reason - so people don't get stuck. What happens if you have no cities, no oil/cotton/diamonds you're out of Geos? You can't create a well/field/mine, so you're stuck. Jewels are your way out.

Maybe if you have more than xx armies/Geos/etc, you can't jewel hunt.

birq
09-23-2005, 04:27 PM

Yeah, that's an idea. If you can sustain yourself, then you don't need to be doing it. I like that.

Beezer
09-23-2005, 04:28 PM
I'd love to get rid of jewel collecting, but it's there for one main reason - so people don't get stuck. What happens if you have no cities, no oil/cotton/diamonds you're out of Geos? You can't create a well/field/mine, so you're stuck. Jewels are your way out.

If you are a poor money manager in real life and you go broke, no one is there to bail you out. Why should you get bailed out in the game if you are poor at money management?

That might work. But I can almost hear the waves of complaints sying "that punishes those who choose to put tone of time into the game."

Timmetie
09-23-2005, 04:53 PM
If you are a poor money manager in real life and you go broke, no one is there to bail you out. Why should you get bailed out in the game if you are poor at money management?

Fully agreed, people should keep a reserve, or alliance mates who have money, you shouldnt worry about that.

Stanley
09-23-2005, 05:04 PM

Holy crap! That's brilliant!

I'd make xxx related how much total worth the person has. IE, you need to calculate how much worth they have in troops(X Thousand Troops / 75), Wells/Fields/Mines(50/mine).

Mickey
09-23-2005, 05:26 PM
Because if they don't have a way out, they'll either:

A - Quit
B - Cheat, and create a new account.

We don't want either of those to happen, so there has to be some way for them to get back on their feet.

I'd make xxx related how much total worth the person has. IE, you need to calculate how much worth they have in troops(X Thousand Troops / 75), Wells/Fields/Mines(50/mine).
That's exactly what I was thinking. I'll take suggestions on how it should work, but it'll likely be a secret formula (so people don't try to get around it).

I'm heading out of town for a few days, so I'll work on this when I get back. Please keep kicking around your ideas so I can maybe put something into place early next week.

Timmetie
09-23-2005, 05:54 PM
They can always loan money.
and btw, atm you're thinking about the formula banning people to hunt jewels above a certain level. This is not a problem then?

I smell a chance to regain atlanta!