PDA

View Full Version : Withdrawing alliance offers

War_Peace
09-23-2005, 09:13 PM
"Other users with pending invites to this alliance" list the users but we don't have an option to withdraw that offer...

Mickey
09-23-2005, 09:47 PM
"Other users with pending invites to this alliance" list the users but we don't have an option to withdraw that offer...

Good idea. Right now, it's easy enough to boot people out of your alliance, so it's not a huge deal. Still, it'd be a nice touch. I'll add it in later.

rasqual
09-24-2005, 01:44 AM
Good idea. Right now, it's easy enough to boot people out of your alliance, so it's not a huge deal. Still, it'd be a nice touch. I'll add it in later.
Well, it's more than a nice touch. You might want to mention as a warning in the invite area, that it's irrevocable. The invitee is entirely in control of the situation.

Here's why it matters: An alliance involves mutual disclosure of troop strengths, geos, and so forth. That's darned intimate information. If someone is invited to alliances, they could decide to just sit on them until it's strategically opportune, then join the alliance just long enough to get a screen shot of everyone's resources. Armed with that intelligence, they could do a lot of damage.

Serious stuff, Mickey. Not existentially to me just now, but in principle you're dead wrong -- this isn't an issue of luxury at all.

So there. ;-)

War_Peace
09-24-2005, 10:01 AM
And, I was thinking that this was darn obvious for anybody...