PDA

View Full Version : How can I increase range when flying a path

stevehall
09-23-2005, 10:17 PM
Hi
Can anyone tell me how I can increase the height (range) from the default maximum of 5000 Metres (Tools/Options/Control/Advanced), when I am flying a path. I would like ideally to be able to fly along the path at about 15000 Metres.
TIA
Steve

araT
10-02-2005, 04:39 AM
Unfortunately that is currently the maximum supported by GE, however;
You could try G-force mode, where you fly around the planet as though you are in a plane.. press CTRL + G, when you are done, change back to trackball mode with CTRL + T

Hows that?

T.

junsison
10-02-2005, 05:25 PM
:kiss:
Unfortunately that is currently the maximum supported by GE, however;
You could try G-force mode, where you fly around the planet as though you are in a plane.. press CTRL + G, when you are done, change back to trackball mode with CTRL + T

Hows that?

T.

stevehall
10-05-2005, 08:29 PM
Yes I know I can use Control-G.
But in order to fly level, half the frame is sky, and the angle of the ground is too acute.
I was hoping someone might have been able to tell me how to hack the program to override the default max range.

earthly
07-17-2006, 01:46 PM
Yes I know I can use Control-G.
But in order to fly level, half the frame is sky, and the angle of the ground is too acute.
I would very much like to fly level using g-force too, after all it is a basic requirement just as it is in real flight. Or will someone tell us please that there is a way to go forward using g-force without losing altitude? Considering the fancy features of the program I can hardly believe it can't do it. :confused: